Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on the Hudson

Carlp22
By Carlp22,
in

Hello All,

I have enjoyed this forum and would like to ask for some advice.

My son, a friend and I will be on a "baseball" tour in June.

June 21 (check in) - June 24 (check out), we will be in NY for Yankees and Mets games.

Is there an area someone would recommend? We will have free time each day and would like to sightsee. I did see where someone said NOT to stay by the airports if planning to do some sight seeing. That was where I was thinking of bidding!

So, not being familiar with the city, what would be a recommendation?

Thanks VERY much,

Carl

We will be going to Philadelphia, NYC, Boston, and Cooperstown. I am trying to stay in the $100 range for each city. I understand NYC is more expensive, but would still like to stay under $110.

I

Few issues...

Are you looking for one room for the three of you? If so, PRICELINE onlyl guarantees double occupany and there are many hotel rooms in NYC, where rooms are notoriously small, that only have one bed and no room for a rollaway bed. Is this a risk you're willing to take? If not, HOTWIRE is an option as they will allow you to search for up to quad occupancy.

Next, your budget is not realistic for a 3* in NYC for the above dates... especially if you're looking for triple occupancy. If you're budget is firm you'll most likely need to stay outside the city and commute in.

Let us know your thoughts and the info above and we'll proceed accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After looking at the handy "Calendar of wins", I see a 4* for $222 (MTE), and $230 (Times SQ.) and a 3* for 160 (UM-CPS).

So I guess my question might be - is the $160 a good price?

The airport area seems to be convenient to the ball fields (just looking at the map).

And now I AM a bit concerned about the room size if we can't get a role away bed in the room!

What area would people suggest?

Your advice is appreciated,

Carl

I don't think choosing a particular Manhattan zone is going to increase/decrease your chances of getting a room with two beds (or one bed and space for a rollaway)

Shea Stadium and Yankee Stadium aren't really near each other nor within a direct subway route to each others, so i don't think staying by LGA is going to be 'convenient' to Yankee Stadium. The bigger 'issue' is that not all the hotels are going to be close to a subway line, so you may need to take the bus to the subway, then at least 2 subways to get to Yankee Stadium (if you're staying by LGA)... staying in midtown would be much more convenient when considering travel to both stadiums (imo).

I would advise staying in midtown, but it comes down to what your budget will allow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the date mistake.

Got the Hyatt Regency Jersey City On The Hudson! I'm not sure if I should post a new message or not, so I'll just give the details here.

Bid $98 and received the "If you want to increase your bid by $22, you can rebid". I added a rebit zone and bid $105 instead.

June 21 - 24

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $105.00

Travel Insurance: $15.00

Subtotal: $330.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $60.74

Total Charges*: $390.74

I thought I would select the insurance. This is the first time. I understand you need to be just about dead to use it!

Forgot to mention, I used your link to PRICELINE.

On to Boston and Philly!

Congratulations on your win!

No need to start a NEW TOPIC, we'll simply edit the topic title of this thread to reflect the details of your win.

Glad to hear of your success! This is a very nice hotel and a great rate for these dates.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board and for using our PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

If you need any help with the area let me know.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks thereuare.

Are there any restaurants or unusual sites you might recommend? We want to get by "Lombardi's Original Pizza".

Also, see the Statue of Liberty, ground zero, Grand Central Station,... I'm not sure what else we have time for between games!

Thanks Again,

Carl

There are some "things to do" thread in the New York Hotel Lists and TIPS forum (here is a direct link to the one i wrote: NYC Local Things to Do).

There is a similar one for Hoboken Jersey City

If you have time for a "detour" before either game i'd recommend heading to Hoboken and picking up sandwiches at Fiore's or Vito's Deli (get anything with fresh mozzarella on it... or "mutz" as it's called here)... excellent, and filling, sandwiches, and while it will blow away anything you could order at the game, it will be at a fraction of the price (food at Yankee Stadium is ridiculously expensive)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]