Car Rental

Dennis&Sherry
By Dennis&Sherry,
in

Would like to rent an economy car around 140th ave/7th st. The best daily rate I am finding is about 56.00 for an economy car for 2 days. What would be a fair offer in that overinflated market. Also, does renting at 8am the first day and returning at 7pm two days later mean three days rental since I went past the 8am rental time?

How important is budget for this rental?

I think you'd save a fair amount if you're willing to leave the city and rent... there are Enterprise offices in Hoboken and Jersey City (Newport Mall), a Hertz location is Hoboken, and all of these would be easy to get to via mass transit. Other option is to take mass transit to the aiport and use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE for the rental.

Not sure how far "up the coast" you're going, but another option is to take MetroNorth and then rent near the arriving train station.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good idea. I'll try to figure out what rental company might be along the line going north. We're headed up along the coast for a couple days to sightsee, maybe up to Boston?? Haven't been there before. Renting in Jersey City or Hoboken (in your neighborhood from your profile) sounds like a good option too.

• 1 year later...

I live in the city and since you are staying so far uptown it might be cheaper for you to take the bus to Fort. Lee NJ and rent a car there, as prices are pretty high in the city. Also if there is an ezpass option for tolls take it as people have to pay with cash tend to wait a long time. ezpass is compatible with boston's fast pass, so you can use it the whole way.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]