Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip North) Palazzo

MonicaG
By MonicaG,
in

No matter what I bid, I am getting coutner offers of 155 each time. The regular rate for my dates is 200 for Venetian AND Palazzo. I dont understand why the counter is so high. I started at 90 and wen up to 125. I think 155 through PRICELINE is high considering I can book through their site for 199. Any ideas?

You can likely beat the $155 counter-offer, but it will likely take more than $125/nite.

We haven't seen wins at either the Venetian or Palazzo at those levels in nearly a year... ~$139 seems to be the low in recent history.

Is $125 your maximum bid? If not, if you let us know how high you're willing to bid we can suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am willing to try 139...I guess my point is that usually you can save a bit more going through priceline. For example I paid 166 during March Madness when the going rate was 329...so about half. Now that the rates are 200 for these dates, I thought 125 would be high enough.

Thanks, Monica

The Palazzo had just opened and was working hard to fill rooms at that time, just trying to get the word out that they were open... usually don't see those type of discounts as the Venetian or the Palazzo. As your win testifies, it does happen, but it's more the exception than the rule.

Let us know how it goes or if you need a detailed bidding strategy.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]