Priceline Hotel: 4* Orange County (Costa Mesa-Irvine) Hyatt Ivrine

uffda1
By uffda1,
in

Through Priceline, 4-star Orange County (Costa Mesa-Irvine) bid $75 per night for 7/5-7/7 received Hyatt Irvine. Cheapest rate on Hyatt's website for the time period was ~$180 plus tax. I may have bid too high (saw where another poster received it for $28), but being that 7/5 is a holiday I figured I'd bid higher.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Even if the holiday weekend rates were a bit higher than usual, you had plenty of RE-BID opportunities available in order to start lower and gradually increase your price.

Still much better than the $189/nite rate at the Hyatt website. Feel free to ask for a recommended bidding strategy next time and maybe we can help you save even more.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the welcome.

Even though the stay's a ways off, I had to book a hotel yesterday, because I'll be in a remote area with little Internet access and even less time to access it between Saturday and the date of this stay. That's why I didn't bid low, wait three days, try again, etc.

Are there other strategies I might have tried though that I could have used to get a reservation that day?

Now that I think about it ... using my traveling companion to rebid would have been one. Any others?

Thanks for your advice.

Between re-bids and your traveling partner you should have enough bids to get a bid accepted without paying too much. I seem to recall there are LOTS of re-bids available at the 4* level in this zone so chances are you wouldn't even had to have a traveling companion bid too.

Another strategy we don't discuss too often because we prefer to keep it simple for newbies, but when you really need it you can maximize your re-bids by combining them...

Zone A

Zone A and rebid1

Zone A and rebid2

Zone A and rebid1 and rebid2

etc, etc

This can raise your re-bid opportunities by a large multiple... but usually isn't necessary.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]