Hotwire Hotel: 4* Boston (Cambridge) Le Meridien

Costigan
By Costigan,
in

Hi, This is a two part question and i'd be grateful if you could offer some advice.

On priceline i wasn't offered a 4 star hotel in central Boston (Theate Distict / Copley / Financial) for $200 a night. Am i bidding too early or is my price unrealistic?

Hotwire wasn't any better but when i changed the trip on hotwire (19/9 to 9/22) i was offer a three star in Medford-Sommerville for only $89. Further out than i wanted but seems very cheap. It's a customer favorite and includes Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access. This is similar but not an exact match to the Boston (Medford - Somerville), 2.5* Tage Inn REVIEW, Amenities: Restaurant, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Business, Laundry, Spa. I guess it's a different hotel?

Thanks in advance :)

It could be early but with prices as high as i'm seeing i suspect that there is something going on that weekend (so many schools in the area... maybe a homecoming?, although this looks like more than that)

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional means? (use our BetterChecker to assist in your rate search)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thanks for the advice. Unfortunately that offer was gone when i checked back to book. I split the trip like you said and used your link. I was able to book Le Meridien in Cambridge for only $109 a night for the first two nights. We may switch hotels for the second two night or take the higher rate for Le Meridian ($219 on hotwire). I suppose it's just a guess as to whether this rate will change?

Thanks again

Congratulations on your <partial> success.

Can you please add to this thread the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase :)

There is no telling if the price for the remaining nites will go down (or up) between now and your stay, but you may have other options as well, please start a NEW TOPIC for the balance of your stay and we'll have a closer look in the new thread.

Thanks, enjoy this leg of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]