Priceline Hotel: NEED HELP BIDDING - San Fran (USE) Union Square East 4* or 5*

sakimano
By sakimano,
in

OK Thanks. Just tried with the 4 rebid zones. Started at $75 and went up $105 with no luck. Used the PRICELINE link here on the site. For my rebid zones I used...

Lombard

Cathedral Hall

Civic Center

South San Francisco

isn't Fisherman's Wharf also eligible? On the priceline hotel list for California there were no 4* hotels listed in that zone...

I have a back-up being held for me (Westin St. Francis for $205+tax per night) however I'd be keen to book somewhere for $120 taxes in. Fingers crossed...!

If anyone has an opinion on the Westin St. Francis, and thinks I should stick with that versus paying $120 for a random Priceline USE 4*, I'd be happy to hear it.

Cheers

You can not use Fisherman's Wharf as a re-bid zones since PRICELINE does currently offer 4* hotels there. From the top of the Priceline Hotel List:

DO NOT USE THIS LIST to determine what areas to add when attempting to bid again within the 72 24 hour window (CLICK HERE for information on how to add cities in order to bid again).

From Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)
I'd be keen to book somewhere for $120 taxes in...
Including taxes and fees i'd guess you're already at that price with your $105/nite bid. Is this your absolute limit... seems as if your back-up is $200+ (not including taxes) your maximum bid would be higher... if you were 'only' able to save $75 per nite vs. your back-up would the 'unknown' of PRICELINE not be worth it for this stay? For $50/nite?

If you're not willing to raise your maximum bid, would the USW zone work for your needs?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts regarding the above and if you're willing to revise your maximum bid and/or add include the USW zone and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

All good advice. USW doesn't really work since the hotel our conference is based out of is on the east side of USE. I'd hate to have a 20 minute walk to and from meetings all day...that'd make me kind of stuck at the conference, and my wife will be in our USW hotel bored stiff!

I'm also 35 days early, so perhaps waiting a week or so will help my chances.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]