Ticket counter question

jayhawk
By jayhawk,
in

I am a new member so forgive me if this info is somewhere on this board. When I purchase an airline ticket through Priceline or Hotwire --- what will my monthly credit card statement say? In other words does it say Priceline? Or will it say United Airlines for example? Is it also the same for hotels and rental cars? Thank you !

Just getting started here on betterbidding --- but why does it appear that priceline always shows a low figure for air tickets but when you go ahead and select the departures and returns it always comes up with a higher price? (example $260 and than it goes to $350) Versus Expedia is "usually" the same price as shown on the front page. Is this because they are basically expecting you to bid at the Expedia price or lower --- so they are "padding" the normal price? Thanks!

I'm not really sure if you're refering to the 'retail' side of PRICELINE where you're shown a price for a ticket or the "Name Your Own Price" side of their website where you bid for a hotel. Can you provide a specific example (route and dates) where the rate goes from $260 to $350?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On PRICELINE it will initially say that the airline ticket is like $260 --- say Chicago to SFO. But then when you go through and see what flights are available etc. it will always bump the price up and YES - this is on the retail side before you would "bid a price". Sometimes I am restricted to purchasing a Specific flight because of travel schedule. Why doesn't priceline just show the list price at the front side? And what is the point of their lower price --- if you can ALWAYS get that price through Expedia --- Plus you can get the exact flight you want versus PRICELINE you don't know what flight you might get.

• 5 weeks later...

I'll try to make this as simple as possible. If I buy 3 airline tickets for 3 different people from 3 different states on MY credit card through PRICELINE --- I will get 3 "paper tickets" -- how does this work when these 3 people get to their 3 different airports? If they put in their own credit card will it recognize them if the tickets were bought by me on my credit card? Sorry if this is blatantly obvious --- thanks!

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]