Priceline Hotel: DT Toronto 4* hotel is sooooo expensive

tuscan
By tuscan,
in

Please start by replying to the message i sent you.

I am seeing same issues. I am trying to bid on 4* for DT Toronto for May 27-30. And I started with bids from $45, and went all the way up to $75 using free-rebid zones. Could not get anything. I wonder what am I doing wrong ?

Does anybody know if there is some event in Toronto during that week ?

bigguy14,

While your post in thread is ontopic and completely acceptable, but your dates are not the same as the OP, so if you'd like specific bidding assistance for your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there is an event going on that weekend; its called the Toronto Criterium.

Looking at HOTWIRE, it seems most 4* hotels other than the InterContinentals (they both show as 4.5* on HW) are full or not accepting PL or HW bookings. Then again, PL is very unpredictible.

Keep going as high as $85 and you might get it....

Otherwise, move your search down to 3*; most 3* hotels in Toronto are actually quite good (the Strathcona being the only baddie in that category)

Another tip is get a 4* out near the airport; its not THAT far to downtown. Just take the hotel airport shuttle to the airport and hop on the 192 bus to the subway and take the subway downtown.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]