Priceline Hotel: PL for 4* on strip

frank1nyc
By frank1nyc,
in

Hi, I'm new to BetterBidding,

From what I've gathered from the very informative posts, using PL for the south strip for a 4* is not adviseable because you may end up with the subpar Luxor or the off-strip Westin. But if I were to choose a 4* for the north strip, the only 4* in that zone is Treasure Island, which is decent I read. Am I missing any others that might be a 4* in the north strip zone? Thanks.

F

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You're mostly correct...

There are many who, for the right price, have no problem with the Luxor or the Westin... but if you wouldn't be happy with either of these properties then you should avoid bidding 4* in this zone. As well, the Hotel List is only hotels which have been reported to the board. In the North Strip zone there are definately other possibilities (Mirage and Caesars immediately come to mind) which have not yet been reported... these properties may not participate with PRICELINE OR they may not discount their rates enough to make using an opaque service worthwile (ie- if the bidding gets too high a user may just end up booking the hotel direct). So while Treasure Island is probably the most likely outcome at a 4 star bid, it shouldnt' be considered the only possibility as you could be the first to report a new 4* hotel to this zone.

I'll also add that while HOTWIRE is usually a little more expensive than PRICELINE, it too may be a good possibility for this stay since you can often identify the hotels before your purchase... thus targeting a particular hotel in the Central/South part of the Strip or, at the very least, avoiding a particular hotel you're not interested in.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the above and if you'd like to proceed, let us know the dates of your stay and your maximum budget and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]