CA Oakland-Eastbay Four Points Emeryville

wsj3200
By wsj3200,
in

My stay at this hotel was in April, 2008. The hotel was conveniently located near the 80/580 freeway and very close to the Bay Bridge leading to San Francisco.. A trendy outdoor shopping area that includes a movie theatre and mall type big name stores is within walking distance. The Capitol Grill shares the parking lot with the hotel. We are there on our night of arrival for a quick bite but was not impressed. A Denny's is also close by.

As for the hotel, this is definately geared more toward the business traveler IMO. I found the room was crampped. The bathroom was a postage stamp. You had to turn sideways to close the door. It had a cheap feel to it. Rather than use tile or granite for the walls surrounding the tub, this bathroom had the "stylish" plastic one piece simulate white tile. That, combined with the large, bright flourescent light fixture gave the bathroom a Motel 6 feel. The closet was so small that even getting into it was a challenge. Bedding was marginal at best. The wall mounted heater/air conditioner was somewhat annoying.

Now the good. The hotel was quiet despite the fact that our room overlooked some actice railroad tracks about a block away. I was never bothered by the sound. The parking, although not secured, was free and plentiful. There was a small "business center" that had two computers available frre to guests. We were also able to access the internet in our room with our laptop. This was also free. There was a cafe that served breakfast starting at 6:00 am.

Overall, the hotel served our needs as it was for sleeping and showering. A romantic hotel it is not. I was traveling with my son, so we had two doubles. One bed in the room would free up some floor space, but it is a very small room. Kids would not be happy. I did not see the pool/whirlpool area, but I know they had both.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]