Priceline Hotel: 2* Newark (Jersey City) Candlewood Suites

cpu
By cpu,
in

Hi, it's my first time here.

I am desperate. Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

I have been bidding for 5/12 in Jersey city for more than a month and still don't get accepted.

At first I only bid on 3*, and the retail price that time for Hyatt is $419, for Doubletree $253.

I raised bid to $220 and still got rejected.

Then I started adding 2.5*, and by a horrible mistake, I clicked Rutherford rather than Jersey city.

I got accepted by a 2.5* hotel in Rutherford for $80.

After hours of explanation with CSR of priceline, they agreed to give me a chance to cancel for $25 fee.

But I have to bid or buy a hotel in Jersey city on priceline, or they will not refund.

Now all I want is to get some hotel in Jersey city. I can accept downgrading to 2*.

But the problem is even if I chose 2* and raised bid to $150, still got rejected.

The current retail price for 5/12 on priceline:

3*

Hyatt $569

Doubletree $319 (on it's own website $287 non-refundable)

2.5*

Courtyard $329

2*

Candlewood $217

Shall I keep raising the bid ?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

From Our Rules and Policies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Thanks! :)

Please post the details of your Rutherford 'win' to the board as a NEW TOPIC and then bump this thread and we'll have a look at your stay above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Why not just keep the Courtyard reservation?

Assuming you're heading to the city there is a bus stop right near the hotel and it will be easy enough to get to Manhattan... unless you plan on staying out very late.

While Jersey City is more desirable, not sure it's worth the additional cost plus the cancellation fee, imo.

Thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From their email :

Please remember that you must correct the incorrect information you entered on your previous request to receive a refund of your cancellation fee minus the change fee. You can raise your offer price on your first request to increase your chances of receiving an accepted request. However, if your first new request is not accepted, you may continue to resubmit as many times as you would like (following the above criteria) until you get an accepted request.

I tried yesterday and found I could bid for the same day, same area, and same star hotel for more than once.

But the bids did not get accepted at all.

I first tried for 2.5* and started bidding at $100. Adding $10 each time until I got rejected at $200.

Then I gave up and went for 2*.

Started bidding at $70 and added $10 each time. Got rejected at $150 and I stopped.

Now if I keep raising the bid, I can still bid. But if I go anything below $200 for 2.5* or $150 for 2*, the system shows that I need to wait for 24 hours.

My question is...will they reject me anyway until I bid for a price that's close to the retail price?

I really don't think the bid should go that high to get a 2* hotel...

Do you think this information could be helpful to another user looking to stay in this area on the same date? :)

I won it a month ago, dunno if it's too late to post.

If you think it can still be helpful, I'd be glad to post it.

My case is a little complicated. Read my previous post here

Chose Jersey city and 2*

Started at $120 and added $10 each time.

Got accepted at $180

Check-In Date:

Mon, May 12, 2008 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Tue, May 13, 2008 / 12:00 PM

Subtotal: $180.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $37.72

Total Charges*: $217.72

Almost the same as the retail rate. Not a deal at all.

Anyway, I have been bidding for more than a month for 5/12.

I am happy to get over this, finally.

I won it a month ago, dunno if it's too late to post.

If you think it can still be helpful, I'd be glad to post it.

Yes, it would be helpful... this stay has not occurred yet so it could help others, and even if no longer available, old data is better than not at all.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]