Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Hilton

kalo93406
By kalo93406,
in

Hello, For Sunday night 6/13, I just bid for 3* LAX and was rejected at $35. At that time was offered same re-bid for $9.00 more... didn't do it. Then bid $27 for 2.5* LAX, rejected. Then did $33* LAX adding Santa Monica/Marina Del Ray, Rejected. Then with new Info, bid $40 for LAX again... Rejected.

I'm pretty flexible this night as far as where I stay. Don

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Based upon your first counter-offer it appears that $44 is 'too much' (since counter-offers can almost always be beat) and your subsequent offer of $40 is too low.

I would bid $42 for a 3*.

Must be busy nite in the area as we almost always see accpetances at prices you have already bid.

Let us know if you try $42 and how that works out for you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried again today...

First started out with my original priceline log in info.

For 6/13 LAX *3 added the Beverly Hills/West Holywood zone and bid $40 again... Rejected with a $12.00 increase rebid offer.

Then tried again increasing to $42.00 and added Santa Monica/Marina Del Ray zone.

Accepted at $42.00 3* LAX Hilton

Whats interesting about this one is that 34 hours ago I submitted these same two Zones at $38.00. Maybe their system was confused today by my just prior 2 zone LAX/BH try at $40.00. Hmmmm

Anyway worked out ok...

One good thing about the Hilton for me on this one is I will use the Park Air Express parking structure which looks very close to the Hilton. It is still offering a free day of parking coupon with a two day minimum. So If I pull in there Sunday 6/13 after say 7 pm I should be able to get my car out of there within 48 hours since I get back to LAX on 6/15 about 5:15.

We will see if it all works out! :)

Cheers... Roger

Hey there.. a follow up from my room at the Lax Hilton

On check in asked for room with king bed.. agent said not available. Offered full or two doubles i think.

No big deal for me, at 5'10" don't need the bigger bed really when alone anyway.

Got room on back side of hotel. Pretty quiet really. Maybe a little bit smaller than normal rooms. Rm 1371. Over all pretty good shape i'd say. bathroom small but very clean looks like maybe redone fairly recently. Looks like new tile and shower caulking..etc.

I remember someone mentioning on a thread some where that internet might be free at this hotel. There is a highspeed hook up ($$) in the room and instructions for dial up on a number of services. looks like $1.00 for 60 min and .10 per min after than.. for local calls. but... I was after some effort able to get online wirelessly even in my room... not sure if it is by design. The FD agent said it wireless internet might be available in the lounge area. anyway.. i saw the (oh wow.. i just relized something!! :) I'm on another hotels network... Ok well.. lol.. play around with wireless in your room here at the Hilton and you might be able to get on...

Tv is small in my room maybe 20in or so

Pool was open with 3 of the spas available... I went in a spa and it was perfect temp... jets a little weak, but i liked it..:)

I'm wondering if one has a hiltons card if they might get a better room just by presenting it.. I'm going to get a card tomorrow for next trip if i ever stay here again.. worth a try...

cheers all.. vegas in the morn..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]