Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Denver (Downtown) Courtyard

slruud
By slruud,
in

• 1 month later...

Great win -- still a great price for a high-demand weekend and an awesome hotel (its restaurant is considered not officially part of the hotel so it's considered 2.5-star even though it's overall better than many 3 stars and on the 16th Street Mall killer location).

One word of caution regarding Denver and 2.5-star bidding -- be very very cautious as Priceline has recently extended the Downtown Denver zone to the north to accommodate the Holiday Inn Central (industrial area, not that well-regarded to be minimally kind) and some other so-so properties that are nowhere near downtown (zone goes to I-25 and 60th Ave and HI is at Bannock between 58th/59th). TOBB showed a win at the HI recently and I (I live in Denver) was a bit shocked. From what I can tell a 3-star bid's only drawback (if upgraded from 2.5 star) for those wanting downtown/non-isolated areas is the Red Lion (isolated next to Invesco Field) but it's unlikely to come up if there's a Broncos home game the day after/day of (Burnsley is in a residential area very close to DT, typically comes up higher $$$ than 2.5-star properties and would be other non-DT 3 star though usually not likely to be an upgrade).

Just thought I'd throw this out there....in case anyone is modeling future bids after this one. Be aware of the changes to PL's Downtown Denver zone -- and make sure you are OK with the Holiday Inn Central (check TripAdvisor) and Red Lion before bidding.

PS thereuare, one other related Downtown denver change: Holiday Inn Downtown (it's actually downtown on Court Place) has been upgraded from 2.5-star to 3.0-star as Crowne Plaza. It wasn't on the original PL Denver list as it rarely came up as a HI.

travelAlot,

I was aware of the HI when I bid this stay, but took a chance anyway. Since I bid, the rate went up to $159/nite, and now shows no availabiity. Might use $20 trick to hopefully get a king room, though.

What's going on that weekend???

Cheers

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]