NYC: The Plaza & Swissotel: The Drake

KatiesMom
By KatiesMom,
in

Hi all,

This is my first post here, love the site so far. I am planning a trip to NYC for sometime in August (dates not definite yet), and plan on bidding via priceline...however, I noticed these deals from travelzoo.... One for the Plaza Hotel which is only good through July 4, 2004 so it wouldn't work for me.... but there is another for Swissotel The Drake which might be a possibility but at $179 a night seems a little pricey.

I have stayed at the NY Hilton before (which I got from priceline and will detail in another post).

So this first post is just a sharing of info.

Thanks for the info.

I'm not so 'high-brow' but i think the problem with the Plaza offer is that it's $249 and then $100 in food/beverage credit (probably 4 cocktails in that place! :) ) Seriously, NYC has so many restaurants to offer (at every price range) that i'd advocate others not being confined to their hotel restaurant.

Not a bad deal though for those that want to stay there and were planning to eat at the hotel's restaurant.

Give me a Priceline/Hotwire room for $150 and i'll determine where in the city i'll eat $100 worth of food.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I agree the $100 credit may only buy 4 drinks...but what the heck...4 drinks at the Plaza... is kinda nice... There is something intoxicating (and I don't just mean the cocktails) about staying at a wowee place at bargain prices. Too bad I have to pass on this one. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears... I'm still finalizing the date for my trip but I think it will be Friday 8/13 and Saturday 8/14.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]