Priceline Hotel: Need help for 5/24-5/26

bostonlou
By bostonlou,
in

So I've been trying to plan a trip through the South West that would end me up in Vegas. We've finalized our other plans and need some help with a bidding approach. I saw another thread on here that was quite helpful with dealing with a good approach and rebidding but now I can't find it.

So sorry if this post seems like I'm a n00b asking too much. I've tried to read up but think I've just confused myself at this point.

We're looking for a 4* or 5* for Saturday night May 24th. Looking to spend $200 or under. Sole requirement is that the place has a good/decent pool. Would love to have a spa on site but it's not 100% necessary.

Where do I start?

Also - there is a thought of adding a 2nd night to my reservation so we wouldn't have to check out on Sunday morning. Our flight home isn't until 11:45pm.

Thanks in advance!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sole requirement is that the place has a good/decent pool.
You won't be able to guarantee a pool with PRICELINE. If this is a requirement, you'll want to use HOTWIRE which will show you, with amenity icons, if the hotel being offered has a pool or not (there is also a Spa icon so you may be able to find something with a Spa as well)

Are you willing to use PRICELINE and risk not getting a pool OR if you do a HOTWIRE search does anything show up within your budget with a pool icon (and Spa?)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

as for 5*s

the venetian pool is wonderful. plus they have a little more exclusive "beach" area as well.

they have a spa right next to the pools which has a nice little place to eat inside as well.

i'm sure the palazzo would have an even better pool.

all the 5*'s have amazing pools/spas.

and you might be able to get the on nighter for $200 considering i saw a few posts around here that got palazzo or venetian for that same date at $180.

i suggest you doing the rebidding technique described here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

for the 5* starting at 180 and then working your way up to $200 with $5 increments... maybe it'll still be available at that price range for that one day.

oh and if you're looking for two nights, for 5/24-5/26... i tried bidding at $210 but it didn't fly. they reoffered at $270 or $280 a night... but that was outside of my budget.

at the 4 and 5 star level... i assume there's not many places withOUT pools?

I don't believe the Pool at the Palazzo is currently finished, but i suspect that you can use hte pool at the Venetian (the two hotels are connected)

Other than that i believe most/all 4* hotels have a pool.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you receive a counter off the rejection screen will say something along the lines of "we couldn't find a hotel to accept your bid at $170. Usually you have to wait 24 hours to place the same bid again, but if you're willing to raise your bid by $xx we'll let you bid again immediately".

Have you read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and understand your re-bid zones?

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

i think all zones are my rebid zones since there are only 2 5 star zones... right?

just like if i went with resorts... i'd end up with the JW no matter what

also... i'm now trying for 2 nights

so in on may 24 and out on may 26

i'd edit the thread title and first post but it won't let me?

thanks

i think all zones are my rebid zones since there are only 2 5 star zones... right?
Correct, currently the North and South Strip zones are the only ones with 5* properties, so you can use the others as re-bid zones. (Resorts are below 5* so they can be used, although some prefer not to in case this 'hierarchy' ever changes... although i have no reason to believe that it would)
just like if i went with resorts... i'd end up with the JW no matter what
Probably not a factor for this stay but as others will likely read this thread i'll ad that Resort bids can be upgraded to 5*... so the North and South strip zones would not be re-bids if you were trying for a Resort property.

Also, i'll that you're not assured to "end up with the JW no matter what" as you're not bidding for a specific hotel... a new Resort class property could be added, or a different property could be ugpraded, at any time.

What is your maximum bid for this stay and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow? Also, is a 5* in both the North and South strip zones equally acceptable?

Thanks again for the help and info. You're right that a new property could be added. I understand that risk.

Now that I've done some research I think my maximum bid of $215 for the 5* might be a bit too low. North or South is equally acceptable.

I've also thought about going the Resort route with a maximum bid of $140. We're not actually staying the 2nd night as we have a 11;45pm flight out of vegas. But we would prefer to have a room all day Sunday.

Now that I've done some research I think my maximum bid of $215 for the 5* might be a bit too low.

So is your current gameplan to:

-wait it out

-raise your maximum bid

-lower your star rating

-add others zone (and/or try Resort bidding)

Have you been to Vegas before? If not, i would highly recommend only staying on the strip and not trying for a Resort outside of the strip... unless you don't intend to 'experience' Vegas itself and are only looking for a nice hotel anywhere.

i don't want to raise my max bid for the 5* so if I can't get 2 nights for 200 per...

then new game plan would be to go for the Resort outside the strip for 2 nights.

although... i just did some research... if I went with 4* bidding only in the UNLV area... I think I would end up at the Renaissance or the Hard Rock. Which would be great.

sorry i'm all over the place... i do too much research and always want to find the best deal

I have been to Vegas before and I found the "experience" to be crowded and overrated - IMO

The only reason I'm going back to Vegas is the wife and I are driving from the San Diego area to Sedona, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, etc and Vegas was the location that had a direct flight back to Boston.

thanks again

One more question as i looked at this further...

Since Summerlin currently has no 4* hotels (it goes from 3* up to Resort) you could actually bid on both for a 4* in the UNLV zone as well as a Resort in the Summerlin zone at the same time... thus receiving the lowest price for whichever is cheaper (as well as get more bidding opportunities).

Do you want to start with just 4* in the UNLV zone or do you want to go for the least expensive (4* in UNLV or Resort in Summerlin) for the above dates?

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

With your two re-bid zones i'd try as follows:

Select 4* UNLV...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* UNLV and re-bid zone2...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Needed the flexibility to be able to cancel/change this room so PRICELINE was ruled out.

I ended up booking the Renaissance directly on marriott.com.

Thanks for the help and sorry if it was a waste of your time. That wasn't my intent and I was all set to book until the wife told me of a possible change in plans.

This is a great site, keep up the great work!

• 5 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]