Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (mid-town west) Westin NY Times Square

Lady Reeler
By Lady Reeler,
in

I'll take a closer look, but <$100 for a a nite in NYC sounds better than anything else you could have gotten.

If you post the taxes from your winning bid as well as the dates of your stay (this will assist others who might be looking for days that encompass the same time period), i'll give you more details. Also, did you just add that zone, or switch zones entirely? I usually recommend raising bids by a maximum of $5 at a time, unless time is of the essence.

Please post the taxes and we'll know EXACTLY how you did:) (i'll explain afterwards)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Taxes show that Priceline paid $93/nite for the hotel, so i would say you did very well. I put in a random date (since you didn't supply the date of your stay) and for the date i selected the room was over $200, so compared to a traditional booking, you did AMAZING!

This is a 4* and is in mid-town West, correct?

The only thing that i would have done differently is that if you really wanted the MTE zone (the first zone you selected) you had a free re-bid available to you. A re-bid is an opportunity to bid again without really adding any additional zones. Re-bidding is esential in some zones, and you can learn about it here: Re-Bids Explained

Re-bidding can be a little complicated at first, but once you understand the concept, it becomes second nature, so if you have any questions regarding re-bidding feel free to ask.

Congratulations again on a great win!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is a great deal in a good location at 42nd and 8th. Yes.... it's a very busy corner but you'll be high above the noise. This is a brand new property - just opened a few months ago. My favorite NYC movie complex, the AMC25, is just across the street on 42nd, it's steps away from BB King Blues Club, close to the theatre district, subways and only a block from the stretch of 9th Ave where you'll find a vast array of dining choices, including many moderately priced and interesting ethnic choices (among my faves are Bali Nusa Indar (sp?) for Indonesian, Afghan Kebab House and Queen of Sheba for Ethiopian.

Did I mention that it's an awesome building that looks tres cool on the outside? Here's a pic I took several weeks ago...

westin.jpg

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]