Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Galveston Tremont Hotel 6/6 $71

mrspilot
By mrspilot,
in

Booked this on Hotwire to extend a PL stay of 2 nights in Galveston. PL formerly listed Tremont Hotel as a 4* but it was recently downgraded to a 3*, presumably for opacity with Wyndham's other Galveston property, Hotel Galvez. Both hotels are beautiful historic hotels but the location may be a factor for travel planning.

Tremont is downtown without an on-site pool although they do provide access to the pool at Hotel Galvez as a sister Wyndham property. Hotwire's listing did not include a pool among the amenities for Tremont. Hotel Galvez is across the street from the beach and also has a pool which may help distinguish it from Tremont (Galveston has only one zone).

Also FYI, my PL bid for the prior 2 nights was $83 which landed me the Hotel Galvez. However, I tried adding a night to extend my PL stay just a couple of days prior to travel but faced certain failure when trying to undercut PL's counteroffer of $78 to my $60 bid without starting the bid over. Therefore, I took advantage of the Hotwire $71 rate due to the short time prior to travel.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please add the amenities that Hotwire showed before purchase. The information about the pool is certainly helpful, but listing all the amenities would really help others potentially identify this property before purchase. You can still view the amenities of this purchase by clicking on the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of Hotwire's home page.

As well, please post your Priceline win as a new post in a separate thread... it'll help keep things a bit more orgainized.

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]