Canada Montreal Downtown Quality Hotel

DeltaPurser
By DeltaPurser,
in

Just stayed here for one night and was very pleasantly surprised. Location is alright... Not right smack-dab in the middle of "downtown", but only one block away from Sherbrooke, 2 short blocks from the Place des Arts Metro stop and within walking distance of all that Ste. Catherine has to offer... The Navette will take you to and from the hotel free of charge if you come in on the Airport Bus.

There's a great supermarket that's open 7am to Midnight every day of the week across the street. Half a block away, there's an internet "cafe" that's open 24-hours. Plenty of restaurants, coffee shops etc. around the hotel.

We were given a nice room on the top floor (8th) with a city-view. Standard room size. Very comfortable bed (firm), small TV, and AC (something not all hotels have in Montreal). Local calls are free.

Bathroom was standard as well... Just watch out for the hot water! It almost melted the bristles on my toothbrush!!!

Best part of the hotel: the staff. Extremely friendly, polite and helpful.

I'll be back in two weeks and hope to get the same hotel again!

DeltaPurser :)

• 2 years later...

I would sort-of echo your comments, 2 years later. Convenient location (but not what I would truly call downtown, either). It was a moderate walk from the VIA Rail station, and only a couple of blocks from the Metro. The bed was comfortable, the room is adequately furnished. The free high-speed internet worked well, but you might want to bring your own ethernet cable as I got the last one for the night at 6 PM. They could certainly use more electric outlets - I had to unplug the coffeemaker to plug in the laptop, and then the only place to plug in the battery charger was in the bathroom. The supermarket across the street is a nice bonus.

But, my room was a smoking room and it really reeked of smoke. This doesn't bother me too much, and it's never been a problem before with Priceline rooms, but the smell was really strong. Even after running the A/C all night, in the morning it smelled like fresh smoke - as if some smoker had lit up 3 or 4 butts in my room! This was, just like the other review above, on the 8th floor. Priceline rates this as a 2 star place, and I'd say that's about right.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]