TX Dallas Sheraton North Galleria

betsybug
By betsybug,
in

This Sheraton North is on LBJ Freeway (I-635W) access road near the Galleria Mall in North Dallas. In February 2008 it was changed from a Wyndam to a Sheraton with what look like a total renovation. This is a solid 3* that misses being a 4* only due to small baths, no extras in room (e.g. no bath robes), and freeway location.

The freeway noise is more tolerable than most hotels. There is interior plumbing/water noise within the hotel.

The big plus is free and close parking in lot in front and on side of hotel. There is also free internet in room with ethernet cable on large desk. I couldn't find any info on wireless in the hotel.

The beds are comfortable Starwood beds - but not as nice as Westin. The baths have been renovated with tile, marble, granite, but are very small. You can't wit on toilet without knees touching the open door.

Maid service was good and always after we left in the a.m.

We didn't try the restaurants other than room service, which was prompt and fairly prices for a hotel. But the food was jsut adequate. There are no coffee shops or cheap eats in the hotel or in walking distance - the location is in the office complex across from Galleria.

I would stay here again for the low $45 or a little higher. This hotel is another reason to seriously consider bidding 3* in this zone.

• 1 year later...

My review I posted on TripAdvisor.

Booked through BetterBidding and Priceline

In the interest of full disclosure, I must tell that we paid about $40 per night for 2 week-end nights, so I was not expecting too much, even though Priceline shows the hotel at 3 1/2*. The parking lot seemed to confirm my belief as it is a vast asphalt wasteland with signs posted on every vertical surface reminding you to lock your car and hide your valuables. Upon entering the huge lobby my opinion was altered. It is all marble and gleaming and much nicer than what the outside of the hotel would warrant.

We had requested and were assigned to a room with a king sized bed, room 1017, facing the downtown skyline. You are required to insert your room key into a slot in the elevator in order for the elevator to go to your floor. This seems to be a secure system, but was inconvenient for visiting friends on the 7th floor as the key ONLY allows access to the floor your room is on. The room and everything inside looked and smelled brand new. The paint had not a single mark on it. Even the towels and linens appeared new. The room was spacious and had the following amenities: Dataport, wifi, flat screen LCD TV, coffee pot with Starbucks coffee and Tazo Tea, hairdryer, alarm clock/radio, ironing board and iron. The a/c was ice cold and that is no small consideration in Texas in the summer. The mattress was very comfortable and the pillows were of good quality.

The bathroom is well appointed, with Bliss soaps, shampoos, etc...,but on the small side. Bathtub is of regular size. There is a heat lamp that does not heat much.

By far the best "amenity" at the hotel is the FREE shuttle. It goes to the Galleria and to much of Addison. Very handy to be dropped off at the front of the mall instead of having to navigate the huge parking garages there.

The only small complaint is the icemaker on our floor was not working and the pool area jacuzzi was closed.

Overall, this hotel was a terrific deal and I would even have paid more for it now that I have been there.

I always use the priceline and [url="http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=33"]HOTWIRE[/url] links on the BetterBidding page. Thank you very much for this web site.

• 2 years later...

This hotel has undergone a major renovation, lobby area is very nice, cool bar, comfy beds in room. However, $10/night parking (why? this is not in a business location) and $12 internet charge. Bigger issue was very noisy old A/C wall unit, that buzzed when the compressot kicked on. Still got a great deal on Hotwire so hard to complain.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]