Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Kansas City (Airport MCI) Hyatt Place

valencia
By valencia,
in

I have been playing around with this for awhile tonight for my son.

Started at $40.. MCI..then added free bid zones with increments of 2-3 bucks until i reached $48 and decidied to take a rest and ask your opinion.

We still have time, so what do you suggest?

It really depends how much your son (or you if you're paying :) ) want a 3* vs. a 2.5* taking into consideration the difference in cost.

I suspect you're not far off, and if you do choose to raise your bid to $52, i would probably back track a it as well, something like this with your 4 re-bid zones at the 3* level:

Have you ID'd the HOTWIRE hotel (maybe it's not a 3* on PRICELINE but would be a 2.5* property?)

Select 3* MCI...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $44, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $52.

If that is rejected, i would probably wait a week before lowering the star level (but i prefer the higher rated hotels) and try again every other day in that week... if still unsuccessful try for a lower star rated property. If you choose to wait before lowering your star rating i would book a cancellable back-up 'just in case'.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From my point of view it's worth it it start lower in case low priced inventory has been added since the last time you bid... it's not worth increasing $1 each time as it's a one nite stay and i'd rather give myself a chance to get up to the maximum bid sooner rather than later. If you increase by $2 each time you get there twice as fast, worse case scenario it's a $1 overbid, and you give yourself a chance at seeing if any low priced inventory was added overnite (if it was, and you star higher, you risk to overbid by much more than $1).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i see you rpoint.

since there are so many free rebid zones.. pretty easy to take it up slowly.

am I correct in assuming and being SURE that if today , when i bid , if on priceline's map there are no 3 star hotels in an area i use as free rebid..... that that is so??

just want to make sure i can't accidentally get accepted in a zone i wasn't counting on as the MCI is the ONLY zone acceptable.

If there are no 3* or higher hotels offered in that zone, correctly using the technique described in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, then you won't win a hotel in that zone (this has always worked in the past and i don't know anybody who has ever reported this not being the case, but policies can change at any time, adn you're responsible for your own bidding and need to do bid with strategies which are within your own comfort zone)

ID this 3* MCI?

amenities are:

shuttle

fitness center

business center

complimentary breakfast

pool(s)

High speed interent

I have tried to compare with all posts/lists, but the amenities do not match exactly. I have never tried to ID hotwire. is there something else I should do?

It is on HOTWIRE for $59 april 30th, one night.

i will be using your link at hotw.ire or PRICELINE, whatever we decide.

Please keep all posts for this stay in the same thread. If you ultimately use HOTWIRE we'll move the entire thread to that section of the board.

The above is a match for the Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport so that would be our best guess.

Thanks in advance for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Good luck and let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Finally gave up on 3*, going up to $52 and $54 every day with free rebid zones.

I then opened new window and made new bid for 2.5* at $39 hoping to get the Hyatt Place that seems to be on HOTWIRE for $59.

bravo! Got it on first bid.

Actually, from my summer experience, many of these new 2.5 * hotels are almost a step above some of the 3* ones!

So should I post this separately now?

MCI 2.5* $39 Hyatt Place MCI April 30/May 1.

Thanks for your help. I used your PRICELINE link, of course.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you got a great deal and are happy with the results.

Many do prefer the 2.5* properties over the 3* as they often come with complimentary breakfast, free internet, parking, etc... and are often 'disappointed' when PRICELINE upgrades their 2.5* bids to 3* properties.

Thanks for the post and for using our PRICELINE link to begin the purchase.

Hope your son enjoys his stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]