How to cancel PRICELINE hotel?

WiiPlayer
By WiiPlayer,
in

Hi All,

We have a reservation for 5 nights in Sydney for about $900 in July

My husband and I just found out that we can no longer go on our trip to Australia in July. We have an unusual circumstance with the US Immigration office. My husband can not leave the country while they are processing him for US Citizenship. If we leave for this trip, he will not be able to enter back into the US.

I understand that this scenario does not qualify for refund with Priceline. Before I call Priceline to try to persuade a refund, I would like to get some advice from some of you. I figure there are 2 ways I can go about this.

1) Ask for a full refund by explaining our situation and provide them with a letter from our lawyer and receipt from his application for US citizenship. If they won't budge, than offer them to give us refund if we book another hotel through them on a different date for a different city.

2) Some people have said that Priceline would be willing give a refund if you made mistake on zone or date. But, this requires you to do ONE rebid at the same price. This method will only work if when you do a rebid, you don't win. In this case, than Priceline would give you refund and charge small penalty. But, the risk with rebid is that if we win, we will still be forefeiting $900 because we will not be going to Australia any time soon anymore.

What do you think? Which excuse should we use? Or is there a better one that we didn't think about?

-Melody

Welcome to BetterBidding!

From Our Ruels and Policies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Thanks! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]