Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Chicago (Gurnee-Waukegan-Libertyville) La Quinta Gurnee

qc_hunter
By qc_hunter,
in

Anyone ever have this problem? Hotwire has been showing a 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) @ $165.00 for a week now. By using your list of hotels I think I pinned it down to The Hyatt Regency or The Westin River N.. I decided to go ahead since I would be happy with either. Everything goes fine till I get to the last screen on my payment. It then pops up an error and refunds my payment. :) Like the offer is not available now. I go back into it and the offer is no longer there. If I wait an hour the offer pops back up. I try it again and same thing happens. I tried it once last night and three time today. Why if the offer is not available, does Hotwire keep putting it back up after a while? I even called them and they said try it again in 30 min. :) Any suggestions? I have to use Hotwire because we have 2 kids with us.

4* Magnificent Mile - Streeterville

$165 per night

Savings $60.67

4 Tripadvisor

Customer Favorite!

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

I thought I would update with what comes up on Hotwire.

Here is what comes up most times.

"We couldn't process your request.

We're sorry, but the itinerary you selected is no longer available. Your card has not been charged. We apologize for the inconvenience.

You may retry your search by modifying your date, neighborhood or select another hotel within a different star category and we will search all other hotels to find the best available hot-RateSM.

Note that this price is not guaranteed until the purchase is complete. Hotwire Customer Care Associates will not be able to assist you with this problem. Error #405" :

I wait for an hour and then they put the same offer back up. I have tried a dozen times now! 3 different nights. I even tried different payment methods. MC and Paypal.

Sometimes it will go through and I get a payment sent message, and then it refunds me after a couple seconds.

[email protected] Receipt for Your Payment to Hotwire, Inc. Mon Apr 14, 2008 16k

[email protected] Your payment has been refunded Mon Apr 14, 2008 4k

:)

It's not your payment method that is the issues... this offer is not available but is caught in the "cache" (either at HOTWIRE or the database where the inventory is pulled from) and is therefore appearing in your searches.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well here we go again. Thanks for the follow up, but there must be something else wrong. I waited all week to try again and see what else I could find for those days. What looks to be the same hotel:

4*

Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville

Customer Favorite!

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

But this time it is @ $50.00 less for the 3 night stay. So the hotel must have changed its offer on the site. I am assuming this since Hotwire told me that the hotels post the offers themselves. Guess what it says, when I get done with my payment!

We couldn't process your request.

You have been refunded! GRRRRR!

So this being a new offer, the old offer being stuck in cache couldn't be. Am I correct? I have lots of time to fix this problem, I think. Most hotel websites show plenty of choices for rooms for those dates. I have never used Hotwire before, would not signing up for a Hotwire account have anything to do with it? It doesn't seem like it since it asks you if you would like to or not. Thanks for the help!

Last night I set up an account. Today I tried getting the new, changed offer.

We're sorry, but we could not complete your purchase.

We have issued a full refund to your PayPal account. You should receive two emails from PayPal - one indicating a charge and another indicating a refund.

If you would still like to purchase this itinerary, please try a completely new search in 15 minutes. Error #230

So that is not it?????????

This hotel is not likely going to be bookable... if this is the property you want, given the few months before your stay, i would not do anything (not even a HOTWIRE search) for 48-72 hours, see if the problem can be cleared up (on their end), and then try again to see if the property still appears.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing again today. I waited a couple weeks to try again. The offer went up $4.00.

4* Magnificent Mile - Streeterville

$169 per night

4 Tripadvisor

Customer Favorite!

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

It came back with this:

We're sorry, but we could not complete your purchase.

We have issued a full refund to your PayPal account. You should receive two emails from PayPal - one indicating a charge and another indicating a refund.

If you would still like to purchase this itinerary, please try a completely new search in 15 minutes. Error #230

I guess the Westin is not going to ever clear up their problem!

I am not the only one who is having this problem. I have seen others that are also.

A MasterCard is a MasterCard right?

I would think so, but possibly their is a problem with the computer(s) communicating with the PayPal "bank" to get authorization? I'm not saying this is the reason, but just trying to hypothesize to cover any aspect of what might be making your purchase 'different' than most (as i would imagine PayPal purchases are a very small percentage of HOTWIRE's total sales)

Tried again tonight. What looks to be the same hotel but price went down. Cool down to $ 154.00 tonight. So I try your advise, which I do thank you for trying to help. I use my Amer Express instead of Paypal. Here is what comes back!

We're sorry, but the itinerary you selected is no longer available. Your card has not been charged. We apologize for the inconvenience.

You may retry your search by modifying your date, neighborhood or select another hotel within a different star category and we will search all other hotels to find the best available hot-RateSM.

Note that this price is not guaranteed until the purchase is complete. Hotwire Customer Care Associates will not be able to assist you with this problem. Error #111

GRRRRRRRRR!

I had the same problem with booking what turned out to be a HI in London UK. I thought it was a cache issue as well until the price went up. I don't know how to fix it, but it IS definitely annoying that the offer is still posted on the site and they let you get all the way to the end before you're denied. Talk about getting your hopes up!

• 4 weeks later...

Any ideah what hotel this is? It looks like the Hyatt, but it doesn't show as a Customer Favorite, like on the list.

Chicago, IL - Sat, Aug 2 to Wed, Aug 6 - 1 room, 4 nights, 2 adults, 2 children

4-star hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Spa Services

Trip Advisor 3.5

$173

• 2 months later...

Well, I never did get a very good price with Hotwire for Aug2 - Aug 6 to go threw. Good thing it didn't. I found a summer special direct from the Hyatt Regency's site for $119.00 a night. Had a great stay at the hotel, but the storm at Wrigley Field on Monday was terrible with kids (including mine) bawling when they sounded the tornado sirens. And 3 guys tried to mug me in front of Fanny May's on Tuesday night. Good thing I wasn't scared and stared at them long enough to back them off. It is funny now that I think about it. I heard them say a guy with a bag is coming (I had my camera case) when we came around the corner and started walking towards us when I turned and stood there like I was was going to wait for them. They must not have liked the look in my eyes because the first guy turned around and the other two followed him. I guess they never had someone do that before LOL. I think that is the last time we will stay south of the river. Two years ago a group of pedophile bums started saying graphic things to my kids when we walked by on Michigan and Lake. If my wife didn't grab me who knows what I would have done.

I did use your HOTWIRE link for a 3 night stay Aug 6 - Aug 9.

Hotel rate per night: $59.00

Nights: 3

Rooms: 1

Subtotal: $177.00

Tax recovery charges and fees: $25.38

Total price: $202.38

La Quinta Inn Gurnee

2.5 Star

Congratualtions on yoru success for these additional dates.

Sorry to hear of the ordeal(s) you've experienced in Chicago but it sounds as if nothing happened in any of the events and ultimately it all went went.

In regards to the above stay can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase to this thread... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]