Priceline Hotel: Bidding Assistance Need - Arizona Hotels

texaslonghornfan
By texaslonghornfan,
in

I've merged your posts since they are for the same date(s).

I agree that the Metro Center hotel is most likely the Crowne Plaza.

Unfortunately the Tempe hotel doesn't match anything that we yet have information on and there are just too many hotels in the area with generic amenities such as those to make an educated guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! I looked up package deals on Hotwire and scanned all the 3* properties they offered and of course found the Crowne Plaza (which I agree is more than likely the hotel I found for $34) but they didnt list any 3* properties in Tempe so have no idea which one I found.

BTW, just an FYI, but I like this site A LOT better than TOBB. The moderator over there can be, how should I phrase this, rather dictatorial.

And yes, once I book thru either Priceline or Hotwire, Iwill use this site's links.

Can't believe I'm being this nice to a Wolverine fan!!! :)

1. 3* Tucson Hotel either Central or East location

2. Pricelines hotels with winning bids:

Tucson Central - Four Points Sheraton

Marriott University Park

Tucson East - Doubletree Reid Park

Sheraton Hotel & Suites

Hilton East

Radisson Suites

3. Check-in date: 9/4/04 (Labor Day Weekend)

Check-out date: 9/7/04

4. Maximum willing to bid: $40.00

5. Web rates found for these dates:

Marriott University Park: $94.00 (Marriott.com)

Radisson Suites: $59.00 (Radisson.com)

Sheraton Hotel & Suites: $64.00 (Starwood.com)

6. Not willing to bid outside these zones or go down to a lower * quality

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, can anyone tell me how long the drive is from Phoenix to Tucson? We found a MUCH lower fare int PHX than TUC (which is not unexpected given the higher traffic volume into Sky Harbor).

Thanks!

Its about a two hour drive to Tucson.Are the rates at Radisson and Sheraton refundable?If so book one as a back up.With rates that low,I would think you could get something for about $30 but I don"t watch this zone.If you can"t with Pricelines fees you wont be saving anything.Fares into Phx are cheap but wait until you see the taxes they add to a rental car,it will make a grown man cry.From the icons,it looks like hotwire has the Sheraton for you dates @$43 right now.

bbb-

Yes, I looked on Hotwire and saw a 3.5* for $43. How do you know its the Sheraton?

BTW, we havent firmly decided on Tucson over Scottsdale. Can you maybe assist me with help on a Scottsdale bid? Here is the relevant info for the SAME check-in and checkout dates:

1. Looking for 3* hotel

2. Priceline hotels w/winning bids:

Marriott Mountain Shadows - $79 (Marriott.com)

Doubletree La Posada and Paradise Valley - $55.20 La Posada and $51.20 Paradise Valley (Doubletree.com)

The overwhelming winning bids seem to be at Mountain Shadows. I'm hoping I can snag smothing for $35 max.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

You can compare the icons, using this site.just click on the state you want then the first thing in that topic will be hotels list.check the list and see if you can see a match for the icons that come up on hotwire for your dates.Is this trip for a vacation?Do you have to be in Scottsdale?What do you want to do and be close to?You might like mountain shadows resort and be able to get it for $30-$40,but its an old resort (a little too old for my likes).I like the Wyndham Buttes in Tempe,its close to the airport but only a 15 min drive to Scottsdale.Its a real nice resort if you like Pool time and they have spas built into the mountain the hotel is built around.Sometimes you can pick it up for $50-$60.It all depends on what your looking for.I don"t like the hotels that could come up with a Scottsdale bid,Radisson is old as is the Plaza (Plaza has been remodeled and has some very nice suites,but I am not sure about the rooms)La posada is a very nice resort but I have not seen the rooms and when I was there the other day the water falls around the pool were shut off.

Remember that labor day weekend is the beginning of season for Arizona - though it will probably still be over 100 degrees in pHX :)

Tucson and PHX airport to airport is 97 miles - Tucson is usually 10 degrees cooler at least during the day and 15 degrees cooler at nite. It depends on what you want to do - there are some very cool things to see and do in both places.

If you want to be in the Scottsdale "area" I suggest bidding for whatever zone the Westin Keirland is in - it is a GORGEOUS 18 month old hotel. But $35 for something nice is going to be hard to pull off for that weekend this far in advance

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]