Priceline Hotel: Ventura hotels?

spagirl
By spagirl,
in

3* is the highest offering in Ventura, CA.

If you'll be trying for 3* property, could you list your exact date? I've taken a quick look at Expedia to see what hotels are in the area (and how much), and i see that a few properties are sold out for the random date in June that i selected.

I'll update later tonite after you mention the date you need (if your plans are firm at this point).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I visit Ventura alot and I don't recall there being any 4* hotels. I made a bid for my friend there and I believe it was a 2* she got. The hotel was called the Ventura Beach Hotel. She thought it was pretty bad and this is a person who doesn't mind staying at a Motel 6. I had stayed at the hotel a while ago when it was a Doubletree and it was fine. I was recently in Ventura and saw the hotel is now a Marriott so I'm sure they will bring it up to par. Another hotel I have seen people get in Ventura is the Sheraton. I haven't stayed there but it looks nice.

I spent a week at the Sheraton Four Points Hotel in Ventura in January. Two of those nights were through Priceline @ $52/night... the others were to attend a seminar and were pre-paid.

I was very impressed with the hotel. My room was spacious, with 2 beds, a sitting area, and a balcony with a view of the harbor. The hotel staff was always pleasant, friendly and helpful. The first day I couldn't get my TV to work properly.... I called the front desk and within 15 mins. an 'engineer' appeared... turned out to be a bad remote, and he replaced it on the spot.

JB

Edited because I forgot to add that this was considered a 3* hotel.

I appreciate all of the info and advice in all the replies. I do not have a firm date yet in June, but I am now looking toward trying a bid for a 3* and hope to get the Sheraton. I also now know to steer clear of the Marriott, which is actually the hotel my travel agent was planning to reserve for me. Thanks again. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]