Priceline Hotel: Rome bidding help

Iluvadeal
By Iluvadeal,
in

I will be in Rome 10/24-28/2008. I want to stay in Central Rome. So far none of my bid have been accepted, obviously. I have gone as far as $169. I'm not panicked because time is still on my side but by end of June I will start to sweat. The Vatican zone was not really on my radar. Should this be an option for me? Thanks :)

I have to correct myself. I bid up to $199 with no success. I did get an offer (not counter) just a you can book a room now for $286. I was bidding on a 4* with this last rejection. I can't remember if I ever tried a 3* in that area because I did trying bidding a couple of months ago. I don't want the Vatican but will look at that option as a laaaaast resort. I looked at Hotels.com, Expedia... and those rates for anything central were crazy. Does anyone know of a good site to book a cancelable reservation. I even emailed a small hotel I found in R. Steves book but no reply, rates were 120euro pn. The book stated if you don't get a response it means no rooms, I would still like to read SORRY NO AVAILABILITY but I digress. Thanks for the help!

Do a search on www.kayak.com. It'll search all the major hotel chains plus the booking services like GTA hotels and skoosh. There are plenty of reasonable rates when I tried a search with your dates.

After getting an idea of hotels and star level on kayak, try googling the hotels for a direct website and then booking a cancellable reservation. Then play with bidding on PRICELINE.

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]