Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC 23.4.-29.4.

Joya
By Joya,
in

Hello,

I need help / bidding advice for 4/23-4/29. I am new..

I'm willing to pay up to $200 a night 4* hotel. So far I've not had any luck with 4*. I've tried areas Times Square, Midtown west and Midtown east.

Any suggestions / tips would be most helpful. Do you think its possible to get room for 2 from Priceline with nice price or should I make reservation somewhere else?

What means duplicate request, can I still try bidding up to 200$ today, or I must to wait 24h for next try?

Thank you :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For starters, is there a reason you're not bidding the MTS and/or UM-CPS zones? These usually work out just as convenient for the typical NYC vistior.

Do you think its possible to get room for 2 from Priceline with nice price or should I make reservation somewhere else?
Your budget for these dates, and a 6 nite stay, may be tough... NYC is very expensive in the Spring. You mention making a reservation someplace else... are you able to find anything near $200 for a 4* hotel in NYC for these dates? (i'd venture a guess that you can't)

Are you flexible in your budget? Are you willing to lower your star rating? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? Would you be willing to stay in Jersey City (NJ) for part of your stay and 'commute' to the city? (less than 10 minutes to Downtown... 15 minutes to midtown) If Jersey City is/isn't an option, would you consider it for part of your stay (stay a few nites there to save some money and then increase your budget for a hotel in NYC for the remainder of your stay)

You can only make an identical bid every 24 hours, after that you need to add a zone, lower your star rating, or change your check-in/check-out date. However, we can hep you 'get around' this with re-bidding (Priceline Re-Bidding Explained), but let's start with the above questions and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Thereuare

I tryed yesterday also 4* UM-CPS up to $210 , so this area is also ok (MTW,MTE,TimesS,UM-CPS). But MTS, I read your previous mail about this area isnt so good for turist to stay. We dont want to stay area China town, Little Italy..

I can come up with my budjet for Priceline is $280, but then I think its better to know exact hotel I am going to stay. I found from cheaprooms:hotel Wellington $282, The Modern hotel $256, Helmslay $271

I tryed yesterday also 3* up to $140 with no luck. I will try today again 4* and 3* MTW,MTE,TimesS,UM-CPS.

We think also splitting 23.4.-26.4 and 26.4.-29.4. (?)

JC no thanks, I think for us is too far from Mannhattan. I've been only once in New York. Then we stayd in hotel pennsylvania, it was very good locations and we had nice big room (old but ok). Most important for us is safe place, clean room and good location near Times Square. For 6 night stay we wish to get little bit luxus if possible...:)

JC no thanks, I think for us is too far from Mannhattan
Jersey City is closer to some parts of Manhattan than many parts of Manhattan itself :), but i totally understand you not wanting to stay there, as you do lose much of the "NYC vibe". (but it is a great location to choose to save some money over high NYC prices)
I tryed yesterday also 4* UM-CPS up to $210
When you tried yesterday for a 4* up to $210 did you only bid the UM-CPS zone or did you bid the other midtown zones as well?

Since you tried yesterday for a 4* and a 3*, what is your preference to try first next? Did you want to try for a 4* in all the midtown zones up to ~$225-$235 or do you first want to try for a 3* for less?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

First sorry my bad english..

Its good to know this of JC-area. Maybe next time.

Yesterday I tried 4* midtown and UM-CPS areas up to $210. Maybe we will try today first 3* up to $180(?) and then 4* up to $225-$235

Can I trust to have a nice room from priceline with good price latest 1 week before our trip or I shoud book hotel end of this week to be sure.

I hearded there is filmfestival at this time.

You can start with the folloiwing:

At the 3* level in NYC you have three re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* MTE and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-acces PRICELINE.

Select 3* UM-CPS and and Times Square...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-acces PRICELINE.

Select 3* MTE and UM-CPS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-acces PRICELINE.

Select 3* MTW and and Times Square...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-acces PRICELINE.

Select 3* MTE and MTW and UM-CPS and Times Square...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180

Any questions feel free to ask.

If the above is rejected we'll revise to try for a 4 star.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

No... it appears you're using the zones from PRICELINE's "retail" product.

Since you're bidding, you want to use the "Name Your Own Price" product.

From Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

Ask any questions regarding the above, and if the above is still confusing just let us know and we'll break it down step-by-step for you. If the above now makes sense, please confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

No luck with Priceline. I tryed 4* up to $210 and 3* up to $180 (MTW, MTE, Times S, UM-CPS). I cant believe this! What kind of wins people got March-April 2008 from Priceline? Quickbook and GTA Hotels have quite good prices so maybe I have to book hotel from there. I am scare to bid too much for priceline..But I really like this idea so maybe try again couple times more. Latest next week I must to book a hotel for us.

Help...

I am stupid europian and dont understand where I can check re-bid zone's? I readed all your info many times but no, I dont get it. I am afraid to get hotel area where we dont want to.

Could you give to me by step by step help, starting 4*, areas ok MTW, MTE, UM-CPS and Times Square. Max. bid for 4* $220

(if retail price $330, i think $220 should be enough?)

3* stars hotels also ok, up to $170 ( I am quite flexible with my price's, cause I just want to find hotel asap)

Thanks again!

I tryed today MTW, MTE, UM-CPS and Times Square 4*up to $215, nothing. 3* up to $170.

Tomorrow I will try again (hope to get help, where I find re-bid zones) and then if nothing happend, I try splitting. What do you think 23.-26.4. and 26.4-29.4 ?

Quikbook offer Beekman tower $209, maybe this we should take for backup.

If you look at the Quickbook offer for the Beekman Tower it's a "Book Now Pay Later" offering so 'yes', you should book that now (before the rate is gone) while you continue to try to better the deal thru the opaque providers. Likewise, if you click the "Beekman Tower" link on Quickbook's page there is a link on the right hand side to see the property's cancellation policy. Current as of time of this post (but subject to change):

You must make changes or cancellations with Quikbook at least 2 business days prior to arrival. Within 2 days of arrival , you must cancel with the hotel directly or you will be subject to a 'no-show' charge equal to the first night room rate plus tax. This hotel requires cancellation 24 hours prior to the day of arrival.

Please use our Quickbook link to begin any reservations you make.

Once that is completed...

Have you figured out your re-bid zones or should we start there and break it down further?

Give the following a try:

From Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

List each zone in this area and the highest star rating available in each zone using the technique above.

We'll then confirm you have the highest star ratings correct and we'll take the next step. If you're still confused by the above let us know where you're getting caught up and we'll try to help you overcome it.

YES!! You have your re-bid zones correct :) (see, not so hard when you know how :) ) Just make sure to doublecheck them right before bidding to make sure nothing has changed (no hotels added or upgraded to the above zones)

So using your four re-bid zones, you can try as follows:

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline through our link to PRICELINE

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline through our link to PRICELINE

Select 4* UM-CPS...

Select 4* Times Square...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline through our link to PRICELINE

Select 4* UM-CPS and Times Square..

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline through our link to PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and UM-CPS...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline through our link to PRICELINE

Select 4* MTW and Times Square...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline through our link to PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and Times Square...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline through our link to PRICELINE

Select 4* UM-CPS and MTW...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline through our link to PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and Times Square and MTW and UM-CPS...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline through our link to PRICELINE

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

If nothing, we'll try splitting. 3+3nights

If your 4* bidding for the complete stay fails, post back before trying to split the bid for the first 3nites and a separate bid for the last 3nites (as per your post above) as that's not necessarily how i'd suggest starting to break the stay into two separate stays.

Hi,

We think to keep Beekman Tower 209$/nite+tax. I looks quite good choise and got good review in Tripadvisor. Only bad thing i think, its little bit sideline from action.

I know we are going to walk a lot, so maybe its not problem. 6 nights its good to have little bit more room space.

I would like to go Westin hotel, but I think its absolutly unpossible to get it lower than 200$/6. Or It would be great to stay first 3 nites Beekman and 3 nites Westin. I dont know should I try Priceline next week.. Maybe got someplace else than Westin..

I found this pages great and want to thank you of all help you given me! I told this pages many friends to use next time! :)

Glad to hear the information has been helpful and thank you for helping spread the word about BetterBidding :)

From my perspective i'd be happy with the Beekman, but i'd also continue to try to better the deal for a 4* hotel thru PRICELINE.

Essentially you have to weigh what is most important to you... extra space in the room or a more convenient location.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]