Priceline Hotel: 5* on the Strip

BenH
By BenH,
in

Hey,

First time useing this forum or PRICELINE so thanks in advance for the help!

I am looking for a 5* place on the strip - dont care which one for three nights 5/16/08-5/19/08 (Canadian Long weekend)

Price line has them for an avg nightly rate of $367-400.

Just wondering what I should realisticly be looking at getting a room for?

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'd suspect you're looking at well north of $200+ per nite. Do you have a maximum budget in mind?

If you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No real maximum

I am considering a 5* if I can get it for a reasonable premium over the Westin wich is an avg nightly rate of $183 (I really like the look of Palazzo).

I am looking for a ball park of resonable estimates as too what I would be expecting to pay on priceline....

also I have searched the forum but have found little information on the success of requests for non-smoking rooms with 2 beds (through a priceline win that is)

Thanks for all the help

This is a great site!

No real maximum

I am considering a 5* if I can get it for a reasonable premium over the Westin wich is an avg nightly rate of $183 (I really like the look of Palazzo).

Your maximum is whatever you feel a 'reasonable premium' is over the Westin (please use this previous link if you book direct or make a back-up reservation there)

Hard to say a reasonable estimate since, when rates are very high, the Venetian (and/or Palazzo) may not offer any inventory (or only offer inventory with little or no discount) to the opaque suppliers. This is why we suggest a strategy based upon your maximum bid... strategically and systematically increasing the bid.

found little information on the success of requests for non-smoking rooms with 2 beds (through a priceline win that is)
Two beds is an 'upgrade' from their standard room and is based upon availability when you check-in, but with the hotel so large, most users who want two beds are usually accomodated, although many choose to forego the two beds as it usually comes with a $30/nite extra charge.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...and what specific rebid zones should I use (so I dont get stuck somewhere not on the strip)

To date all reported 5* hotels in the North and South Strip zones have been on the strip, but the zones do extend slghtly off-strip (for example, the Westin is rates 4 stars, but slightly off-strip, although it is in the South Strip zone), and you need to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the boundaries of the zone.

All the 5* hotels i can think of would be located on the strip, and currenlty i'd be very surprised if you received a hotel that wasn't directly on the strip, but i make the comments above just so that you understand there is the possibilty of lanidng a hotel that is not directly on the strip (although i can't think of any that would qualify).

Are these conditions acceptable?

At the 5* level you have seven re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* North Stip and South Strip...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE.

Select 5* North Stip and South Strip and re-bid zone6...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $210, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE.

Select 5* North Stip and South Strip and re-bid zone7...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $240, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE.

Select 5* North Stip and South Strip and re-bid zone6 and re-bid zone7...

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $250, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $255, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $260, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $265, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $270

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Yes, you can do all the above in one day.

You need to know how to determine your re-bid zones on your own, as they need to be checked before every bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed... otherwise you can end up in an area you didn't intend.

You can determine your re-bid zones as per the following, from Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

Feel free to ask questions regarding the above and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding. If you're really confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

I am also trying to book a 5 star for the same weekend. I have bid all the way up to $202.

Does the availability get better closer to the date? Or should I bite the bullet and go ahead and book somewhere else?

Is it possible that priceline just doesn't have any rooms for that weekend?

Thanks in advance!

Hi ,

I was also looking to go to Vegas the same weekend and wanted to know if anyone has successful on priceline or on any other promotion between 15th to the 19th of may.

Prices are crazy this weekend, i was thinking about moving to a 4 star. I have reserved a room at the monte carlo for 250 a night average for 4 night but now will try my luck on PRICELINE to see what i can get.

Lets post rej and winning to help each other out.

Cheers!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]