Canada Ottawa Courtyard by Marriott

MJRBIM
By MJRBIM,
in

Nice hotel, smack dab in the middle of the Byward Market area - 2 minute walk to all the restaurants and bars.

Check-in was smooth, no mention of PL.

Got a 3rd floor room (approx. 400 sq.ft) with 2 Queen Beds, smallish bathroom, and Free wireless High-Speed internet.

The room overlooked Dalhousie street and there was a lot of traffic noise - I would request an "inside" room that overlooks the pool instead on my next stay.

General facilities are good - pool, whirlpool, wading pool, fitness centre, small lobby bar, and breakfast buffet ($12 CDN)

Indoor/Outdoor self parking (with in and out priviliges) is $10 CDN with your room key.

All in all, a good solid 2.5* hotel - the street noise was the only downside.

===========

http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage....arshaCode=YOWCY

• 1 year later...

Just stayed here for 3 nights and would agree with the previous poster - a good value 2.5* hotel (I paid $54US + taxes through Priceline):

Great location.

Check-in was smooth and friendly.

Free wireless High-Speed internet - easy to connect, good speed and a fast, solid connection.

Got a 2nd floor room with 1 King Bed (very comfortable), office desk + chair and comfy chair with footstool.

Smallish bathroom but nice power-shower (iron and board also included in room).

Thanks to the previous poster's advice, I requested an "inside" room that overlooked the pool (very quiet) instead of an "outside" room (noisy as reported by the previous poster).

General facilities are good - pool, whirlpool, wading pool, small lobby bar (didn't try the breakfast buffet). Don't bother with the fitness centre unless you just want to use the treadmill - tiny area and 3 poor quality multi-gym machines.

Indoor/Outdoor self parking (with in and out priviliges) was $9.50 CDN using room key.

Overall, very happy with this hotel and would definitely stay here again. It's obviously not as "plush" as the Westin but it does the job at an excellent price (I saved $300 compared to web rates).

-Mikee-

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]