By Colfax,
in

Same day bidding.

$52/2.5* rejected with counteroffer.

$53/2.5* upgraded to 3* Crowne Plaza.

Crowne Plaza Foster City

1221 Chess Drive

Foster City, CA 94404

I was hoping for the 2.5* Foster City Courtyard. Generally I prefer 2.5* hotels over 3* and don't want to be upgraded. In this case the upgrade was okay because the Crowne Plaza doesn't charge for parking or internet and they've got an indoor heated pool, just like the Courtyard.

Crowne Plaza's best rate online was $179. The Courtyard was $209. Hotwire had a 3.5 for $72 or a 3* for $129.

I requested a nonsmoking nonconnecting room and got it. Friendly desk staff. No Priceline attitude.

Bids were placed through the BetterBidding PRICELINE link.

I was scanning down the list of new posts when I saw the headline "3* San Francisco (San Mateo) Crowne Plaza Foster City" posted at 1:30am and I says to myself "that's gotta be Colfax.

And I was right...

With you traveling around so much, I'd assume that you'd enjoy the more comfortable beds a 3* hotel usually have over a 2.5*.

With you traveling around so much, I'd assume that you'd enjoy the more comfortable beds a 3* hotel usually have over a 2.5*.

Do 3* have more comfortable beds than 2.5*? Seriously, I've never noticed. The only really BAD mattresses I've met recently were at a 2*/1* chain. I don't like to mention names but it's a chain where people stay for extended stays and it's in America.

The general difference between these two levels (by PRICELINE) of hotels is 3* have full-service restaurants and banquet facility, some charge for phone calls and internet, while 2.5* (with exception of Courtyard) offer complementary brakfast.

This American has to put up with the hotel chain in America often, I prefer it over a French chain with numeral.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]