Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Marina) Hilton Hawaiian Village

Rhine-and-Roses
By Rhine-and-Roses,
in

I would like to book a room for a few days in Honolulu on my way to Japan. Could anyone give recommendations on the best area to book for a pure tourist time? I am eligible to book the Hale Koa, which is the military hotel on Waikiki, and Trip Advisor rates that very high, and the prices are reasonable there. However, it may not be available, and if I can get a good price, any NICE hotel would be fine with me. This would be for mid July. Ideas on bidding areas, prices, etc? The site only has older bids. Thanks so much!

The site only has older bids.
I think you mean it doesn't have any bids for July yet... as there are plenty of current bids for 2008.

Waikiki is obvioulsy the "tourist" area, but depending upon how long you'll be there, you may want to take a day trip (a full day) to the North Shore.

When will you find out if you can get the Hale Koa? What are the date(s) of your stay? What is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept? Which zone(s) are you willing to bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll probably stay in Waikiki beach area, since I'll have limited time. Luckily I've been once before and did a bit more visiting then. I want to stay in 4*, maybe a resort. (Is a resort considered at a star level?) I wrote to Hale Koa almost a week ago, so should hear from them soon. I'll stay the 11th-13th.

Since I travel more in Europe than the USA, maybe you can clarify the 3* in Honolulu- what might I expect there? I find 3 iffy in Europe, other than Germany. Thanks!

Hale Koa has me on the wait list, which I assume means no real chance of a room, so I think I'm going to book elsewhere. (Sure is a good price on a waterfront room, though!)

Is mid-July a high season? I see another bidder is having a hard time with prices over $150.

What is the difference between the hotels and resorts?

Any ideas where to begin? Thanks!

Summer is high season in Hawaii.

Resort is a higher level hotel than 4 stars. It is a fine line (and in the eye of the beholder) but typically Resorts are 'self inclusive' in the standpoint that you could easily not leave the grounds if you chose to... multiple restaurants onsite, landscaped pool areas, towel service, etc.

Your dates are 7/11-7/13? What is the minimum star level you're willing to accept? What is your maximum bid? Which zone(s) are you willing to accept?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Given your hesitation in trying for a 3* i think you would be better off trying for a 4* or higher first, then if that is rejected (which may be likely) we can discuss your options at that point.

If you're ready to move forward, at the 4* and Resort levels you have five re-bid zones (NOTE: Ihilani is not one of them). If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Waikiki Beach...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access thru our link to PRICELINE

Select 4* Waikiki Beach and re-bid zone5...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $150.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

I've worked on this for a couple of weeks and could not get anything under $150. Finally decided to book a couple of nights at a resort and try to book a few more nights later.

Got the Hilton Hawaii Village at Waikiki Beach for $180 per night, plus another $25 or so for fees. This seems a good bit higher than other bids I've seen, but the best I could get. It's about $70 less than what I've seen on any transparent sites. Sure hope I get a room with a sliver of a view!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the board.

Can you confirm that you bid the Waikiki Marina zone and that the dates of your stay are 7/11-7/13?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks, enjoy Waikiki!

• 2 months later...

I'm curious if anyone else has successful bids on a room at Hilton Hawaiian Village for the month of July. We're going on our honeymoon July 20-31 and so far no luck bidding up to $185. Is it better to wait until closer to the travel dates or will that reduce my chances? Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]