Priceline Hotel: hotel for 6/14-6/21

ddaneshrad
By ddaneshrad,
in

I am looking for a hotel for the entire week of 6/14-6/21, and am on a pretty strict budget. I found a 3* hotel on hotwire in midtown central for $130 a night, but wanted to know if you think I'd have a shot of getting a similar quality room for maybe only $100 a night, or maybe even less. Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to minimize my cost? Thank you very much.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you will to stay in any zone of NYC (including lower manhattan)?

How about Jersey City?

Are you willing to SPLIT THE BID? (if so, how many times during the week are you willing to change hotels?)

Let us know the answers to the above and we'll advise further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am willing to stay pretty much anywhere in Manhattan, not jersey. I would prefer any part of midtown or upper east/west side, but would be willing to stay in lower manhattan if it is $20 a night cheaper. I am willing to change rooms twice if necessary. Thank you very much.

OK, let's give this a go....

The 3* on Hotwire is possibly more like a 2.5* on Priceline, but let's see if we can get a 3* on Priceline for under $100 (doubtful, but if you start bidding immediately we have some time in order to give it a try... however, if you're not successful today i would book a cancellable back-up while you continue to try Priceline and Hotwire).

At the 3* level you have one RE-BID zone available. Feel free to confirm your re-bid zone with the board or ask any questions that you're unsure of.

This is how i would proceed for 6/14-6/21:

Select 2.5* MTE and bid $65, if rejected close that browser and start anew, going back to whatever page you started from.

Select 3* and MTW and...

Bid $80, if rejected add MTE and...

Bid $85, if rejected add UM/CPS and...

Bid $90, if rejected add MTS and...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $100.

If all of the above is rejected, close browser and start from a brand new screen once again. Choose the dates 6/15-6/21 and start the procedure all over again... first trying the one 2.5* attempt in MTE and then following the 3* attempts.

If that is rejected, repeat for 6/16-6/21.

If that is rejected, repeat for 6/17-6/21.

If that is rejected, repeat for 6/18-6/21.

I wouldn't bid for 6/19-6/21 because we'd like to leave the 'moving' options open as much as possible at this point. I haven't added Lower Manhattan as an option just yet but we can do so after we see how the above makes out.

Prices seem to go down slightly at some properties on 6/17, so i think your best chances at success begin for the dates beginning 6/17 and 6/18, but i would certainly try the ohter dates first as it may save you the trouble of packing your bags and changing hotels and additional time... plus the more dates we can get now in a continuous stay the more options we have available later for the remainder of the stay.

The above will take some time, but sometimes saving money takes a little work :)

Good Luck and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]