Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Jersey City) Days Inn

dsm
By dsm,
in

This zone extended all the way west to Route 1&9 which is probably the lcoation of the above hotel... which is not where you want to be for an easy commute into Manhattan (assuming you're looking to take mass transit and not drive to an area bus stop). For easy Manhattan access you need to be on the jersey city waterfront, and there are only a handful (4) hotels in that area... although they're in the process of buidling a Westin, which would be a fifth hotel, and will give the Hyatt a run for their money.

If you can't get a hotel on the waterfront, you may be better off in the Secaucus area for bus service into the Manhattan.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry your gample didn't pay off, but thanks for adding this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

A taxi will be expensive (relatively speaking, considering the trip is maybe 5 miles or so, i'd guess $35-$40) you do have other options which are do-able... let us know the answers to the questions dahammer posted above and we will try to give some ideas. Also, are you able to walk up/down hills ok? (as one option may involve doing so)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This turned out to be a nice little find. $5 shuttle into Manhattan. Front desk staff gave me info on how the locals return from the city. $2 private shuttle from 42nd & 8th across Lincoln tunnel to a taxi stand, taxi back to hotel. $15 total round trip into Midtown. I did return once by taxi - fixed rate of $28, $6 toll, + tip.

Did have a rental car. Parking was free!!! I would book this place direct in the future.

Rooms were clean and decent size.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]