Priceline Hotel: 4* South Beach (Miami) New Clinton Hotel

nyctraveler
By nyctraveler,
in

P.S. FIRST time using Priceline (or Hotwire for that matter) - thanks to this website and everyone's tips I was able to figure out how to rebid on Priceline...

1st bid of $65 was rejected.

2nd bid (added South West Miami which has no 4*) at $70 rejected.

I got a message back saying to bid $22 more ($92 total) and I'd get a room, but still played with the bidding:

3rd bid (added North Miami - no 4*) and upped to $80, ACCEPTED.

New Clinton Hotel (NOTE: In the forum hotel lists it is listed as Clinton Hotel - though it really is New Clinton Hotel - think the name changed after the hotel re-opened).

Priceline Zone: South Beach

Address:

South Beach

825 Washington Avenue

Miami Beach, Florida 33139

305-938-4040

Check-In Date: Wed, June 2, 2004

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Thurs, June 3, 2004

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $80.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $80.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $17.58

Total Charges: $97.58

I tested this date as I was going to stay with a friend, thought the bid would have given me Royal Crowne Plaza, so am going to stick with my other 3 nights reserved at the Doubletree Surfcomber...didn't see Royal Crowne Plaza show up on Hotwire, and not taking my chances with Priceline this go around - I want specific hotels. But for one night, I will enjoy the New Hotel Clinton! :)

Gregg

Your first Priceline win.... congratultions!

I'd be interested in hearing your comparisons between this hotel and the DoubleTree once you return (as well as the price you paid for the DoubleTree).

You may be new to Priceline but you were wise to ingore their counter-offer when you still had RE-BIDS available. For any newbies following along, here is a discussion on PRICELINE COUNTER-OFFERS and how they can often be undercut.

Have a safe trip and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare:

thank you, by the way, i notice all your helpful hints & posts all throughout this site - i can't stop reading postings - this is addictive! you're administration of this site seems non-stop and effortless (though i'm sure it is A LOT of work! especially to teach us newbies!). :)

i'm psyched for my trip (and the deal i got on the new clinton hotel for my first night). i booked the doubletree surfcomber through the hilton website for $119 - i'm going to keep my eyes open on hotwire to see if any other "known" 4* in SoBe become available ... until then! i don't want to take my chances on priceline as i have specific ideas of where i want to spend the other 3 days of my trip (hotel on the beach with all of the perks - the new clinton has a pool table for a pool and is two blocks from the beach but fine for the first night).

i will post my reviews of both hotels for everyone's benefit!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]