Priceline Hotel: Help with NYC - 4/3 - 4/6

hoosierfan
By hoosierfan,
in

Any suggestions for bidding on NYC for 4/3 - 4/6? I have been bidding for 2 weeks using the strategy posted on this board and haven't had any luck on Priceline. I am open to either 3* or 4*. Don't want to go above $190. Preference of zones in order, MTE, MTS, TS, MTW, UMCPS. We are coming in on the train to Grand Central so I'd like to stay in the Midtown area. I do have a back up at the Milford for $179 through AAA but I'm trying to avoid staying there due to recent reviews, which is why I don't really want to go down to 2.5*.

Hello there,

I had a quick look for you just now for your dates.

A few ideas to chew over (for what my 2 bucks are worth!)

I found a hotwire property for $215 for a 3* hotel in midtown central (saving of 28% - usual price of $300)

So with this perhaps find its identity on betterbidding. Its slightly over your budget but its a 3 star hotel, which is what you are after..

There is also a 2.5* on Hotwire for more around your budget, a 2.5* at Times Square. Possibly something like comfort inn/best western etc.

Or on Expedia, there is the Club Quarters for (average) $191 for the nights you are after. Favourable reviews on Trip Advisor and I think all the rooms are suites, if memory serves (from looking at them myself for my own dates).

Keep an eye on TravelZoo as they also come up with some good deals.

Hope this gives you a few ideas, i am wrestling with priceline myself for my own dates and its murder in NYC to get a good rate for my dates. I am living at my computer at the moment.

:)

If you've already bid up to your limit for all the zones you're willing to accept, there is not much you can do other than contineu to try, raise your maximum bid amount, or split your bid. Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

One more option if you're willing to stay Downtown is the Gild Hall is availalbe for $202/nite (average)... they're going thru a 'soft opening' some amenities (restaurant, room service, etc) are unavailable, but even with the soft opening, the reviews have been great. The Thursday nite is more expensive, with the weekend nites being just $169/each, so you could also consider this property for Friday and Saturday nite and stay somewhere else (in midtown) for the first nite.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]