Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Westin Horton Plaza

Timothy Denike
By Timothy Denike,
in

Not sure whether this is helpful or not, but I thought I'd share anyway.

Was looking for a 4* in the Downtown area, gave up after losing a $100 bid, and accepted a $139 Hotwire offer for what I thought was the W. Turned out to be the Westin instead.

Start Downtown $70

Added:

Del Mar $75

East County $80

Escondido $85

Miramar $90

Mission Valley $95

National City $100 (gave up)

Point Loma untried

Rancho Bernardo untried

San Ysidro untried

Sorrento Mesa untried

Shoot, this was my first Hotwire bid and after reading all the posts, I still screwed up.

The offer was $139/nite for Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business.

Based on other posts, I was convinced I had the W lined up.

I didn't notice that the amenities missing were "Golf, Tennis, Spa" Perhaps I was confused because the Westin listing on betterbidding had "Pool" crossed out?

Oh well - not as great a deal or hotel. Hopefully the Westin will exceed my expectations!

I did use the HOTWIRE link to book this reservation. Thanks for the great resource, I wish I had paid better attention.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board... sorry you didn't receive the hotel you were expecting.

We often use a strikeout when hotels change amenities as they often revert back (as occured in this instance)... as an example, the pool may have just been closed temporarily for cleaning or renovations.

Always feel free to doublecheck with the board as to what you think you're seeing... sometimes an extra set of eyes helps.

On a more positive note... the Westin's website starts at $299/nite for your dates above, so at least you got a very nice deal and a substantial discount :)

Thanks for sharing your results/experience with hte board and for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Westin is actually a better location and very nice :) I know it is not the W but it is a great hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]