Priceline Hotel: 3* Olrando (WDW) Grosvenor Resort

julysnicky
By julysnicky,
in

:o I'm a first time user on priceline. I have used Expedia before. I was very nervous but gave it a try.

First bid $39.00

for a 3*resort in WDW area

it was rejected. It asked for $11.00 more I tried 3.00 :) .

Yep it didn't work.

So second bid $50.00

I got Grosvenor Resort At Disney

1850 Hotel Plaza Blvd

Check in Friday June 11

Check out Sunday June 13

$50.00 a night

100.00 for the 2 nights

19.29 taxes & service fees

119.29 Total

Hope this is good. :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I think you did ok, but at the 3* level in this zone you have 5 PRICELINE RE-BIDS available, so you certainly could have continue to 'inch your way up towards $50' and i'm certain you would have been successful at some price between $43-$50. On the other hand to some people the extra bidding isn't worth the 'work', so the choice is up to you...just want to make sure you know your options for the future.

If you need help understanding the re-bidding link above feel free to ask questions, as it's the single most important 'tip' to using Priceline.

Can you also provide the dates of this stay?

Congratulations on your win and thanks for the sharing it with the board.

Enjoy your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not exactly...

There would be no point in immediately bidding the same amount since that bid had just been rejected.

The counter-offer priceline gave you was to let you bid again immediately... normally you need to either:

1) change your date(s)

2) lower your star quality

3) add a zone

RE-BIDDING is adding a zone that only offers star levels lower (and not equal to) the zone you are bidding. This essentially allows you to bid again immediately for just the original zone since the zone you're adding doesn't have any star levels that meet your criteria. Read thru the re-bidding post and see the picture at the bottom of the post that may help explain it further... as a picture is often worth a thousand words :)

By using the re-bid zones you could have gradually raised your price instead of going to the $50 that Priceline recommended. Here is a thread on COUNTER-OFFERS which mentions how they can almost always be under-cut.

Feel free to ask more questions if anything is unclear.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]