Priceline Hotel: 4* Prague (East) Hotel Ametyst

Anne27
By Anne27,
in

I just bid $100 for a 5* hotel in Prague and was rejected. I (foolishly, I think) then followed their suggestion and checked 4* as well for East but also raised the bid to $125. This was accepted and I got the Hotel Ametyst which is classified as 4*. I then reviewed the hotel on other web sites and the rate of $125 is lower than anything else. I have been to Prague twice before and I think the hotel location will be fine. I somehow then found your web site ( I forget how now - it was hours ago!) and I think I could use some advice for using Priceline. I have used their site a few times before and while I obtain "good bargains" for "good hotels" I now think that I probably bid too much. What I usually do is bid about half of what they say the suggested retail price is for a specific area and *rating. I am also confused by some comments which refer to attempting to get specific hotels - how does that work?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Am i correct that this is in the East zone? Also, if seasonality pricing is an issue in this area it may help future bidders if you added the date(s) of your stay.

Sometimes half of suggested retail price is a good deal... but sometimes it's much to high while at other times it's much too low. There's no set formula, so best advise is to use the experience of others here to get an idea of bids and ask for help... we're always happy and willing to provide a recommended strategy to follow.

One thread you may want to read that applies to the approach you used above is IF YOUR LOWER YOUR STAR QUALTY THEN LOWER YOUR PRICE.

Thanks for sharing your results and for enabling us to add another hotel to our growing lists!

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]