Hotwire Hotel: current is this?

goldendeal
By goldendeal,
in

Some places don't get won very often, or are just not reported here. If it gets won, then it will likely get updated. Until then, it can only be assumed as correct.

~JS

Jason's Storm- Making one killer deal after another. With something other than a machete to the head.

From the ashes of Friday the 13th Forum, rises Friday the 13th: The Community. A new beginning has arrived.

be careful bidding on resort hoping to get JW Marriott,,,you will get Renaissance Orlando Resort instead

You should really not post info like this when you don't know what you're talking about. Renaissance is still rated 4* at PRICELINE and not as Resort.

You will not get Renaissance if you bid in the resort level. But zones and ratings change all the time so allways check before bidding.

YellowDog.

so Im suppose to trust you that i wont get Renaissance if I bid resort in Orlando (Universal Studios - SeaWorld)..

not a chance.....read below..(.previously Resort, may be temporary ) what part of that dont you understand?

4* Renaissance Orlando Resort (previously Resort, may be temporary due to construction)

goldendeal

...what part of that dont you understand?
Remeber the rules of the board... be nice to others (especially those who are trying to help you) :)

As of this writing, the Renaissance, at 6677 Sea Harbor Drive, is rated 4 stars... there are no guarantees what it will be rated 5 minutes from now, tomorrow, next week, or next month if/when you choose to bid, but the current rating is 4 stars.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To tell you the truth I didn't care of this comment "You should really not post info like this when you don't know what you're talking about."

That's not nice either. I went through the trouble of calling the hotel to see if it was still under renovations. This property has come up as a Resort in the past. His comments are based on pure speculation and I believe this person knows full well the Renaissance can come up as a Resort at some point. More so since the renovations are complete. But of course ill be nice, I just wont take his word for it that it wont come up as a Resort

I speculate yellowdog was emphatic in his words as the information you posted was incorrect and he didn't want any other users to act upon what you posted.

His comments are based on pure speculation...
His comments are not based upon 'pure speculation', and as per my own post above, the Renaissance is currently rated 4 stars. Since the Renaissance is currently rated 4 stars, it is your assumption that the Renaissance is back at the Resort level which is speculation.
I believe this person knows full well the Renaissance can come up as a Resort at some point.
You are correct, the Renaissance can come up at the Resort level at some point... but at this point in time PRICELINE rates this property 4 stars.
I just wont take his word for it that it wont come up as a Resort
And you shouldn't... things change and there are no guarantees when using the opaque suppliers. However, if you read the replies/advice that yellowdog has given others in the Florida area, you will see that he knows the area well and his advice has been reliable. There is always some degree of risk when using the opaque suppliers, the idea is to minimize this risk as much as possible. Yellowdog and I have provided information regarding the current star level of the Renaissance which you can use to help you make a decision, but if you still feel the risk is too great, then perhaps PRICELINE isn't the best answer for you for this stay (and HOTWIRE may still be an option)

It would be appreciated if you used these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, or the links in our support page, to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I say if they bend you over for some more bucks, then its a resort. If they don't, then it likely isn't a resort. So are you going to bid to see if you're going to get it or not??

~JS

Jason's Storm- Making one killer deal after another. With something other than a machete to the head.

From the ashes of Friday the 13th Forum, rises Friday the 13th: The Community. A new beginning has arrived.

The listing for any hotel that Priceline sells through its retail service can be found through the site map (the link is at the bottom). You have to navigate through a few submenus to find a specific hotel, but the process is pretty easy because the hotels are listed in alphabetical order. For example, here's Priceline's hotel guide for the Renaissance Orlando Resort. You can check this guide anytime to find the current star level for this property. I can't guarantee that this is a 100% accurate method of determining a hotel's rating on Name Your Own Price, but it's far more reliable than guessing.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]