Priceline Hotel: Jersey City bidding strategy help...

bigbadbuff
By bigbadbuff,
in

I am looking for help with a bidding strategy. I am ok with the Hyatt/DoubleTree/Courtyard JC.

For reference:

current hyatt.com rates for this Thurs/Fri night stay: $399/239

current doubletree.com rates: 215/215 (though only smoking is listed available, which sucks- all nonsmoking must be booked)

current courtyard.com rates: 199/199

Hotwire.com had the Hyatt for $299 as recently as yesterday... not showing up today.

I bid yesterday 3* JC for 100, rejected; added 2.5, also rejected. Max I'm willing to go is 120pn before tax. This is just a 'for fun' trip that we're only going to take if we can get a decent hotel deal, so I have the luxury of trying up until 03/26 to book.

I'm mainly curious if, given the current rack rates, what # I should be shooting for. Tonight, I'll probably bid $110 for 3* in JC, and if that is rejected, bid $120 in JC/Elizabeth; if that is rejected, close out and try again for JC but this time 3&2.5* for 120. Thoughts?

Your bidding plan for the next 24 hours seems logical, but with the Hyatt disappearing from HOTWIRE, i think that property becomes less of a likely possibility (reducing the possibilities to just one at the 3* level).

Depending upon how badly you want to come to NYC, have you considered the Secaucus or Rutherford areas?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, the bus is the main means of commute, but the trip is relatively quick and easy (yes, PATH train is better by a wide margin, but the bus trip isn't so bad). There is a train from Secaucus station, but there is no parking there and it's not walkable from the hotels in the area, so only an option if you receive a hotel with a shuttle bus there (not prevalant at the moment) or have some other means of getting there.

The bus is really not that bad, and like i said, it depends upon how badly you want to make this trip.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]