Priceline Hotel: Any suggestion for bidding 2* Munich (City Center South) Courtyard?

magicalfox
By magicalfox,
in

I haven't posted it yet, but I won two nights there in the near future. Marriot has the hotel you want in the south zone. They have two hotels in the north zone and one in the airport zone. That seems to be about all that is offered there. If you absolutely want that hotel, you might want to bid the south zone only. I was hoping for that hotel, too, and got it despite adding the north and airport locations. My win price was 60 for a thursday and friday night. Without looking at a calendar, it looks like you want a wednesday through friday night. After I won, I took a look at the prices asked for on the Marriot site and there were often large differences mid week to weekend. You might want to see what they are asking for on Wednesday. That might be a hang up in your bid. You might get a better price there Thursday and Friday, if splitting up your stay is an option. While I added the other zones and still got the hotel I wanted, some of the other hotels sometimes have gone for less than I paid, so you can't add the north zone with complete impunity even though the two hotels there are 4*. The airport hotel seems to cost more and might be a safer add.

I am from Munich: On a German hotel-site with good pices you can book that hotel for 185 USD (including taxes). other hotels (similar location and standard like Best western cristal) you can get for USD 170. Hotels with a bit better location (more central) but maybe slightly lesser standard

like Hotel Ludwig you can get for 110 USD (I got all these rates from www.hrs.de).

I don't know how competitive PRICELINE is in Germany - my feeling is that HOTWIRE in Munich doesn't give the super-deals...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]