Priceline Hotel: 4* Amsterdam (City Center-Museum Quarter) Moevenpick

belgo
By belgo,
in

We're extending our stay in Amsterdam after our Baltic Cruise on the Celebrity Century. I had a special link from Priceline for $10 bonus money due to a prior reservation in which I paid more than the going rate through Priceline (see prior Newark NJ entry last month). $110 (+10) was unsuccessful and met with a counteroffer to add $23. I added the free rebid area of Amsterdam North plus $10. The cheapest rate I could find was 115 Euros/night here. This hotel suits us well since it's near the port. Due to the special link provided by Priceline, I was unable to use this site's link, but I thought I would share the win. So $120 + $38.64 in taxes & fees, for a total of $398.64 for the three nights.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from 3 nights at the Moevenpick City Center Amsterdam. I was my first priceline hotel (won at $137). We thought it was great. I was very impressed. we couldn't have received a warmer or more welcoming reception even though we were traveling with our big, lopey teen boys. They automatically put us on the top floor. Breakfast was included and you couldn't have asked for more-they had everything! They had free computers to use in the lobby, free fitness club and sauna, free shuttle to Central Station. The bar was nice. Lovely spacious (for Europe) rooms.

They did not provide robes or slippers, no trouser press and you had to order a minibar (just as well). It is in a very up-and-coming modern section of the city but very accessible. You can even start canal tours from the passenger terminal next door. Also, on the other side of the hotel is the new Muziekbouw concert venue and the Bimhuis jazz center. They have free events as well as gigs and is a fabulous venue.

This new area of Amsterdam is still under construction, so be aware of that but we really enjoyed it!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]