Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Gatwick) Le Meridien

DDawson
By DDawson,
in

Thanks so much for all the help this board has been (I've been lurking for a while but this is my first time for actually using Priceline or Hotwire)

I read the previous posts from Noopsta and AndyCCC regarding Priceline.co.uk and the Le Meridien at Gatwick Airport. Thanks again for the help.

First bid of 40 pounds (with VAT and taxes $93.00) was accepted. The regular price for this hotel is more than double this price. I was walking on faith here, because I was not sure if there were other 4* hotels in this area or not.

Thanks again for helping me obtain such great results for my first time.

Welcome to BetterBidding and the savings that Priceline and Hotwire offer... you'll find it hard to go back to paying retail.

The other thing that you'll find hard to do is keeping your mouth shut about all the great deals you get... it's hard not to tell everyone when you get $200+ hotel rooms for a fraction of the cost! Your friends will begin to roll their eyes as you excitedly tell them of all your deals... but as soon as they need a place to stay themselves they'll be knocking at your door!

A friend of mine is staying this weekend in Cleveland for a family function and thought she'd have to squeeze many family members into one or tow rooms since it was going to cost her close to $200/nite. Hooked her up for under $35/nite so she got 3 rooms and can't stop talking about it (and telling her friends about BetterBidding :) )

Enjoy your stay and thanks for posting your results.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Looks like we're on a roll with the LGW Le Meridien!

Should just add a note of caution here - the 4* Arora has come up a few times as reported by other posters, although nothing has been posted about it since January. The Le Meridien is a very convenient hotel, connected by walkway to north terminal (which is 2 mins on monorail from S Terminal). Hotel is nice (have stayed there twice before, once on Priceline), with small swimming pool. Rooms are small and cannot take extra beds (but can take an infant cot, despite what they tell you on the phone if you try to make a telephone reservation - adding a cot after making the reservation was no problem). Hotel restaurants are very pricey (although the Gatwick Oriental chinese restaurant is actually quite good) - but you've always got the airport catering available as well. Never normally available for less than around

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]