Priceline Hotel: Help with number of beds in the hotel room

dalhousieu
By dalhousieu,
in

I am going to Las Vegas with my friend and we are willing to share a hotel room, but we need two queen(or king) size beds in that room. How good is the chance I get a two beds room if I bid a 4 star on strip hotel room on priceline? I think 90% of 4 star hotel rooms have two beds but I might be wrong.

Thanks!

I think 90% of 4 star hotel rooms have two beds but I might be wrong.

I don't think it's nearly that high.

HOTWIRE is an option if you search for triple occupancy as it will ensure sleeping accomodations for each person you include in your search... thereby assuring two beds (although in some circumstances a 'bed' can be considered a pullout couch, rollaway bed, etc)

If you let us know the dates of your stay, minimum star rating, and maximum budget we'll be in a better position to try to help you find something to satisfy your needs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you need separate sleeping accomoations and search HOTWIRE for 2adults/1child the least expensive property is 3.5* rated and $99/nite... can you stretch your budget to this amount?

Do you have any alternate options within your $80 budget?

Yes $99 is acceptable...Is tax included? and does 2adults/1child guarantee us two queen size bed?

Thanks

No, taxes (and fees) are not included.

If you go to HOTWIRE and search for your datesa and enter 2adults/1child see if you are offered the above 3.5* property (for ~$99/nite). If you click the CONTINUE BUTTON you'll see the total amount after fees and taxes.

This will not guarantee two Queen beds, but doesn't guarnatee two separate beds (without regard to Double, Queen, King, etc... and in rare circumstances this could include a pullout couch or rollaway bed)

If this is within your budget, and the bedding conditions are acceptable to you, post back here with the amenities that HOTWIRE associates with this property (i don't remember them from when i searched the other nite) and we'll try to take an educated guess as to what it might be.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
and does 2adults/1child guarantee us two queen size bed?

No, it doesn't. I know a case where 2 adults and a 14 year old had to sleep in one king size bed. After a furious phone call Hotwire offered them to cancel the room and book another hotel but due to the fact that everything was booked up (during easter) they squeezed into one bed. The hotel told them that Hotwire always books a King if a reservation is made for 2 adults and 1 child.

If you really need 2 beds I would book for at least 3 adults.

If you really need 2 beds I would book for at least 3 adults

Searching for 2adults/1child is fine.

Whatever issue Sister_X is aware of, it wasn't due to the booking being 2adults/1child which were expected to sleep in one bed... seems like it was hotel error or overbooking, and HOTWIRE agreed to refund the stay (just unfortunate that, apparently, a busy time or event in town and everything sold-out)

It sure was. The hotel told my friend that they always book 2 adults and one child into ONE bed. And what would be the alternative - even when not everything is booked up? To start your holiday with the search for an new hotel? Try to find an affordable accommodation in New York City on short notice and have fun :)

Where on the Hotwire page does it say: "We guarantee a room with two beds if you book for more than 2 adults?" I can't find it.

Where on the Hotwire page does it say: "We guarantee a room with two beds if you book for more than 2 adults?" I can't find it.

the following can be found on HOTWIRE's Customer Care section under Hotel Questions:

Q: How many beds are in the lodgings?

A: All rooms booked on Hotwire will accommodate the appropriate number of guests in each room, based on the total number of guests you provided and the number of rooms you requested. While we cannot guarantee the number of beds in a property room, some properties may offer pull-out couches or cots. If you have specific needs, please contact the property directly. Our partners will do their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Your friend should have had at least a pull out sofa bed or a cot, not just a king for a party of 3. She should go back and ask for an adjustment, but it might be too late.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]