Hotwire Hotel: Newbie needs help w/ LA hotel stay

shabingie
By shabingie,
in

First time user to site would appreciate help with booking a hotel stay for 4 adults traveling to Los Angeles.

Arriving May 15, departing May 18th, 2008.

Plan on seeing Santa Monica 3rd St. Promenade, Warner Bros. Studios, Farmer's Mkt/TheGrove, Tour of Stars Homes.

Interested in a hotel either in Santa Monica/Marina Del Rey or Beverly Hills/Westwood area.

3.5* or better

Big dilemma. I realize PRICELINE won't allow me to specify 2 beds. But, HOTWIRE is more expensive.

In your experience, would I be able to find a room for approx. $100 per night in my specified areas at the star level I'm seeking? If so, I would book 2 rooms in a group reservation on Priceline.

If not, then do you think in LA I'd have the possibility of getting 2 beds at check-in?

HOTWIRE is offering a 3.5 star hotel in Beverly Hills/Westwood/Century City for $163 per night for 4 people. Lists hotel as Boutique Hotel, golf nearby, high-speed internet access, tennis nearby. Tripadvisor rating of 4.0 out of 5 based on 100+ customers reviews. Last reviewed on Feb. 08. Any thoughts on which property this may be?

HOTWIRE also offering 3.5* hotel in Santa Monica/MDL for $102 per night for only 2 people. Lists near beach, fitness center, restuarant, high-speed internet access, smoke free rooms, pools, business ctr.

Tripadvisor rating of 3.0 out of 5 stars based on 120+ customer reviews; last reviewed Feb 08.

Also, do you think it would be beneficial to wait until closer to my arrival to start the bidding process.

Thanks for all of your help :)

3.5* or better...

would I be able to find a room for approx. $100 per night in my specified areas at the star level I'm seeking? If so, I would book 2 rooms in a group reservation on Priceline.

PRICELINE doesn't use a 3.5* rating in their ranking system... given the 3.5* or better you're seeking, does that mean you're only willing to accept a 4* hotel via PRICELINE, or is a 3* acceptable?
If not, then do you think in LA I'd have the possibility of getting 2 beds at check-in?
There is always the possibility, just as there is the possibility that somebody who wants one King bed can only get a room with two beds. The problem is that you won't know for certain what you're getting until you've already purchased the hotel and getting ready to check-in. Some take the risk, others prefer not to chance it.
Also, do you think it would be beneficial to wait until closer to my arrival to start the bidding process.
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

If you decide you're ready to bid/purchase now we'll then proceed with a bidding strategy and/or identifying the properties above... but if you intend on waiting the hotels above may no longer be offered or available by the time you're ready to purchase, so we'll hold off on researching them until you're ready.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Beverly Hills hotel is a match for the Hotel Angeleno while the Santa Monica hotel is a match for the Sheraton Delfina, so that would be our best guess for each.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]