Priceline Hotel: 2* Detroit (Downtown) Hotel St Regis

Knocturnal
By Knocturnal,
in

Initial one-time bids earlier in the week at $85, $92, and $97 were rejected. Rebids with adding zones and other modifications were not attempted. Initial bid placed on 3/8 was started at $105 and bid was accepted. Total including taxes and fees amounted to $126. Regular rate on Priceline was $148. Rates for this weekend are going for double or more, being that part of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tourney (Sweet 16) is being held at Ford Field downtown. Not to mention that Tigers Opening Day is on Monday, 3/31, as well. So, needless to say, the hotels will be holding strong for this weekend in particular. I was slightly disappointed, being that the location of this hotel (New Center/Midtown) is well north (~4 Miles) of "downtown". However, after reading recent reviews regarding new ownership and renovations, I have approached this more optimistically. I had forgotten about this site, as I hadn't looked for a hotel in quite some time...so no link was used. All apologies.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]