Priceline Hotel: NYC (not downtown) 3/18-3/19?

Jenga
By Jenga,
in

OK, I'm set except for my first night 3/18-3/19. My back-up is The Pod -- I know it's goofy, bit I've been curious to try it out and see if it seemed survivable for a potentially longer stay this summer. (I tried first using Quickbook and Expedia via BB affiliate links since The Pod sometimes pops up there -- I always try for you guys! -- but no luck so finally just phoned the hotel directly.)

The Pod is $99/night single shared bath. The location is actually perfect for me since I need to be in the E 50s for a super early breakfast meeting. I'll keeping checking PRICELINE since ideally of course I'd prefer to stay in a more mainstream hotel. But am I correct in thinking even something as cheap as $120 would be unlikely for MTE, MTW, MTC, or CPS in this date range? (I'd prefer to avoid Times Sq and Downtown for this particular night.)

Basically I'm wondering if there's any realistic point in trying to get something in these neighborhoods that would be anywhere close to the wacky $99 at the wacky hotel? :)

I'd call it unlikely, but because you're not really comparing apples-to-apples.

You could probably beat the Pod's rate for a room with a private bath, but probably beat their shared bath situation with a PRICELINE/HOTWIRE private bath room (which all priceline and hotwire hotel purchases are for rooms with private baths). As well, the Pod is one of the better "budget" hotels... not sure i'd be bidding a similar star rating on PRICELINE.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, thereuare. I now always follow your back-up plan advice (thank you!), which gives me the leisure to continue to look for a great deal without too much stress. I'll keep looking just for sport, but I think for a late arrival and early meeting literally one block from the hotel: at least with The Pod I get a good story to tell friends when I get home :)

I really appreciate all your advice and help for this trip. I left the biz world to go back to grad school -- in my old life I never would have switched hotels twice for a one-week stay (or any stay, for that matter). But now that money is an issue -- with BB's help, I'm doing an NYC trip with lodging averaging out to $102/night before tax. Now THAT'S impressive. Couldn't have done it without you! (I was never brave enough to use PRICELINE before I discovered Better Bidding!)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]