Hotwire Hotel: 2* Orange County (Newport-Huntington Beach) Extended StayAmerica HB

Kaptstupid
By Kaptstupid,
in

Use caution when bidding on this property. It is not located within the region described. This property is at least 3 miles outside of the map area provided by Hotwire. It is approximately 1.5 miles from any services (gas, restaurants, shopping or even bus stops). It is a very nice property, the staff is friendly and you can't beat the price, however it is in a very industrial area and pretty much isolated from everything. WiFi service is available for a $5/per stay fee, if you can get it to work. The "high speed" internet access was considerably slower than dial up. (Averaging 175-225 kbps download speeds and 500-550 kbps upload speeds) I went to the front desk to inform the staff of the issues I was having and was given a telephone number to contact tech support. I had to wait over 4 hours on hold, since tech support was "busy helping other guests". Once I finally was connected to a live person, I was continually placed on hold for another 1 1/2 hours, only to be told, "Wait an hour for the front desk to reset the access point, then try again. If that doesn't work call back." 5 1/2 hours and no resolution. The only times I was able to get anything remotely close to broadband speeds was between 2am-4am, even then, it sporatically stopped working altogether. I contacted Hotwire to inform them of the location of the property along with the other issues and was offered a refund for the remaining nights of my stay and 25 hot Dollars. I was then told the next cheapest property in the same area was a 2 1/2* in the Costa Mesa/Newport Beach area for $59. (This was only $49 when I originally booked my trip) I also was told that I would have to book a completely new stay and pay for it in full (another $300) while waiting for the refund to post back to my account. Only after I complained that it was due to Hotwire's error, did Hotwire agree to lower the rate at the 2 1/2* in Costa Mesa/Newport Beach (La Quinta Santa Ana) to the same rate as I originally booked $39, but I still would have to wait for the refund to post.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear of your negative experience, but hopefully it was resovled to your satisfaction.

Can you please add the dates of your stay and the amenities that HOTWIRE associates with this property... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top of their home page.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]