Priceline Hotel: 4* Budapest Hilton Westend

kayexalate
By kayexalate,
in

how come sometimes it says wait 72h, but othertimes it says 24h? Does it depend upon the area,c hoices, etc?

I'm trying for a 48 in Budapest, and bid up to $80.

It keeps telling me you bidi n the last 24 hours, so please wait another 24 hours.

not sure if it's 24 from the original bid, or as you described rebidding, "resets the clock".

It did let me rebid yesterday (the one I bid $80 which was rejected) and that was within 24 hours of a previous bid, although not the original bid.

Since I don't remember the time of my original bid and I don't know how to check the time, I'm just rebidding every 2 or 3 hours or so. don't know if that just keeps pushing out the clock, but as I said the bid yesterday went through.

Also, when it delays a long time and says to wait 15 min and check back--what does that mean? It did that to me today, i waited, only to have it say, you've bid within 24 hours, please wait more.

The policy used to be 72 hours. It has since been changed to 24. But this thread predates the change, so you are seeing old information. You can place a new bid in 24 hours.

Are you changing things with each bid? or are you trying to make new bids with the same dates, zones and star levels?

The policy used to be 72 hours. It has since been changed to 24. But this thread predates the change, so you are seeing old information. You can place a new bid in 24 hours.

Are you changing things with each bid? or are you trying to make new bids with the same dates, zones and star levels?

Trying to do the same bid, as I want min 4* and it already greyed out the 4* and 5* and I don't want to do lower than that. (For Budapest there are no other "zone" options). so changes have to be dates, or Star level and I am not flexible on those.

Should I absolutely wait 24 hours? Am confused about the time thing.

Also my wife has an account, but linked to the same CC. does it go based upon CC? when i tried to use hers, i got the same error--you have a bid within the last 24 hours, etc.

If you can't change anything, you have to wait the 24 hours. I know with some car rental requests I have put in, they came back at me with messages that I had not waited long enough even AFTER the posted waiting period. When they did this, they reset the clock, too, so it took over a week to place my next car bid.

Ok, so finally last night I bid up to $95---they ask to raise by $22 (to $117) for a RE-BID (Not an offer to get the hotel for that price).

I didn't bite, but when I rebid tonight, where do you suggest I start rebidding at? $100? $105?

I wonder why the prices are so much more than what other people have been able to get for the same 4* in Budapest (most people getting it for ~$75)

When a counter offer comes to raise your bid rather than a flat out counter offer for a set rate, how much do you reccomend raising? (I read all the other threads on priceline bidding, conter offers, etc. I didn't find any info on this)

Essentially you were being given an offer to buy a hotel room for $117... if you had bid that you almost certainly would have won a hotel. When given the offer to try again immediately by raising your price by $xx, you can not try to undercut their suggested amount. If they say to raise your bid by $22 and you only raise your bid by $10, your bid will not be processed.

Since you have time before your stay, i would stick with the original plan and continue to increase by $5 per bid.

Please remember to use our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Any other question feel free to ask... keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok so here's the update. Bid $95, rejected, bid $100, rejected,

$105---accepted and it was the Budapest Hilton West End.

Question I have which may have been discussed in other threads, but I couldn't find.

So I have several Hilton hotel stays upcoming, all of which have been under priceline (pure coincidence).

I read on Hilton's website that reservations made via 3rd parties, including Priceline and Hotwire stays don't qualify for VIP upgrades or HHonors points.

HOWEVER, I was able to call in and "add" my reservations to link to my HHonors account by giving them my Hilton HHonors # and the Hilton reservation # (which priceline gives you )

of the 3x I called in, 1 reservation agent said that she's not supposed to add it in, and refused to do so. I hung up and called back. the next agent just added my reservation in, but said she's not really supposed to do so. the last agent (had to call another time since I didn't do all my PL reservations at once) added it in, no questions asked. She even asked me where I made the reservation and I said PL (they can see it anyway, so no point in trying to lie).

So now I log in my HHonors account and can see the 3 Hilton reservations upcoming. So..does that mean that I'll get the HHonors points?

Does anyone have any experience with this? If I don't get the points has anyone tried the email function for "missing stays" or by faxing in the bill? Does the bill show that it was a priceline purchase?

Thanks.

I do not know about Hilton, but whenever I stay at a Westin or other Starwood, they DO accept my card, but only give me credit for other purchases, not for the room. So if I eat a meal, or park, or anything extra, they give me those points. You might want to contact Hilton's preferred member system and ask the question directly, then print the copy and take it with you if they do give points.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]