Priceline Hotel: Syracuse (Airport SYR) Doubletree

rnsare
By rnsare,
in

I am flying out of syracuse and leaving on march 17th, therefore need a room on march 16th. I would prefer a 3* in any area as many probably have transportation to and from the airport.(looking to park my car). Also wondering on the possibility of getting the night I return at the same price. Bidding strategy would be greatly appreciated, as I have yet to have one accepted. Thanks in advance. Max price 90$

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are date specific, so we only cover one stay per thread. We'll use this thread for your departure stay of 3/16.

What amounts have you already bid? You are aware that you will most likely have to pay a fee to park your car (if the hotel allows you to keep it there at all while you're away) it won't be included in your winning bid price?

Please remember to start yoru bids with the board's link to PRICELINE.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am flying out of syracuse and leaving on march 17th, therefore need a room on march 16th. I would prefer a 3* in any area as many probably have transportation to and from the airport.(looking to park my car). Also wondering on the possibility of getting the night I return at the same price. Bidding strategy would be greatly appreciated, as I have yet to have one accepted. Thanks in advance. Max price 90$

I fly from SYR now and then and have twice hit the Doubletree on Priceline.

My most recent was January 6 for $57 + tax/fee = $72.91.

The Doubletree is great mainly because they will let you leave your car in their huge lot and shuttle you over to the airport or back at any time of day. It is about a 15 minute ride.

I think the parking rate at SYR now is around $12 per day so my stay at the Doubletree has always paid for itself and then some.

The hotel itself isn't bad and does the job for a quick overnight. I certainly wouldn't honeymoon there.

As far as strategy, there is also a Holiday Inn 3* in the Syracuse East Priceline bidding zone so there is no guarantee you will get the Doubletree.

I will take a guess and assume the Holiday Inn will also let you park free and shuttle you to the airport. You can call them to find out for sure.

Since there is only 1 of the 3 remaining bidding zones with a 3 star hotel (Syracuse University) you get 2 free rebids to up your price within a 24 hour period.

So, I would start with 3* in the East Syracuse zone at $50 or so.

If you don't hit, add Fairgrounds 3* and bid $60.

If you don't hit, add Airport 3* and bid $70.

If you don't hit try again 24 hours later for more.

The Doubletree published rate for the 16th is $159 so I'd think you'd hit it fairly soon.

Another word of experience: I've stayed at the Best Western on the airport grounds and you can walk to the terminal from there if you wish. You may be able to get this Best Western for the published rate at less than $90.

The place is a pit though and the staff there are incredibly rude and stupid. They too have "free" parking but one time my traveling companion joined me there and they whacked her for $80 to "let" her park there also. The pukes working there acted like we were trying to scam them. Believe me, if I were scamming someone out of a parking spot I wouldn't do it at a dump like theirs.

The Doubletree won't quibble with you like that and your stay will be much better.

I fly from SYR now and then and have twice hit the Doubletree on Priceline.

mig211972, thanks for the advice, thats great information about parking at the airport. However to make this information useful to anyone else searching for a SYR stay, can you please post the results? This will make it easier to access through BetterBidding's "search" tools or in the Calendar of Wins. Even same day results are welcome as it creates more data points for those looking for similar accomodations.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]