Priceline Hotel: Bidding tips for Apr

tourist2008
By tourist2008,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Start with the Hotwire Hotel List and Priceline Hotel List to see hotels reported in each zone (be sure to read the comments at the top of each list)

You can't choose 'free parking'... in Secaucus or North Bergen this isn't likely to be too much of an issue, but in Jersey City most of the hotels charge for parking (approximately $10-$30/nite).

Let us know if you there are hotels in whcih meet your budget and star rating on HOTWIRE and we will try to help you ID them or if you'd prefer to bid on PRICELINE, let us know which zone(s) you're willing to bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. My First choice for hotels are Courtyard by Marriott Meadowlands , Hampton Inn Secaucus Meadowlands , Embassy Suites Meadowlands, Hyatt Place Hotel Secaucus. Please suggest my bidding strategy for priceline to get the above hotels in my budget. Else you can also suggest bidding strategy for 3* upscale hotels in Secaucus-North Bergen for my budget, my dates can be flexible if my 1st choices are rejected.

Thanks for your help in advance!!

My First choice for hotels are Courtyard by Marriott Meadowlands , Hampton Inn Secaucus Meadowlands , Embassy Suites Meadowlands, Hyatt Place Hotel Secaucus. Please suggest my bidding strategy for priceline to get the above hotels in my budget

You can not bid for or target specific properties with PRICELINE. If you want to target, or avoid, a specific property, HOTWIRE is often a better, but slightly more expensive, option. It comes down to what is most important to you... the lowest price or the ability to target a specific property.

For starters, does HOTWIRE show anything within your price range at the 2.5* or higher quality levels?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In HOTWIRE, i am getting 3-star hotel in Secaucus - Meadowlands with comp breakfast, Fitness Center, High-speed Internet Access, Laundry Facilities at $89/night. This might be LQuinta i guess. I didnt see any other 3* hotels in hotwire within my budget.

As i am interested in hotels in Secaucus esp for parking and commute to NY, i was thinking of bidding Zone 5 -Secaucus-North Bergen only. I will be interested in knowing any tips you can provide so that i could eliminate hotels too far from NY and bid for 3* upscale within my budget.

so that i could eliminate hotels too far from NY and bid for 3* upscale within my budget.
Are there parts of this zone which you consider to be "too far" from NYC?
i was thinking of bidding Zone 5 -Secaucus-North Bergen only.
Why not also include the Jersey City area... are you avoiding it because of the parking charges?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]